Hwacha can't attack with is normal attack

tkss

Hwacha can't attack with is normal attack

Post by tkss »

the Hwacha can onle attack Non-[Flesh and blood] and Non-[Construct].
It should be can onle attack [Construct].
[Flesh and blood] can't be [Construct].
and [Construct] can't be [Flesh and blood].
it special ability Hwacha Barrage work, onle the normal attack have the problem.
b2198

Re: Hwacha can't attack with is normal attack

Post by b2198 »

That's intended, making it attack only with its ability is currently a better solution than trying to make its normal attack work like it. So its normal attack is indeed useless, and that's fine imo.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

do u know why we can not use the default? would be more intuitive to have only default attack do same as the ability does now.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think ability is always applied 3 times on the same target, but base atk would only apply dmg once and if we want it 3 times it would need 3 actions which instead would allow it to select a different target if first target dies, which is not possible with ability right now, also if we make base dmg equal to the dmg of 3 attacks with 1 action, it would still deal too high dmg to units it wasnt supposed to, like battering ram, since the weapon is only arrows
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

but why is that bad to select 3 targets?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

If I remember correctly, I think the main reasons it was reverted were:
  1. Attack having no area damage on miss
  2. Attack having no area damage on kill
b2198

Post by b2198 »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:46 am I think ability is always applied 3 times on the same target, but base atk would only apply dmg once and if we want it 3 times it would need 3 actions which instead would allow it to select a different target if first target dies, which is not possible with ability right now, also if we make base dmg equal to the dmg of 3 attacks with 1 action, it would still deal too high dmg to units it wasnt supposed to, like battering ram, since the weapon is only arrows
I think the damage itself was fine, being applied 4x to primary target and 3x on area, the problem was really the unexpected results of those other cases. Unless I'm misremembering something.
tkss

Post by tkss »

Thanks to for all the answers.

Return to “Units/techs/effects”