gun units damage not working properly

L4cus

gun units damage not working properly

Post by L4cus »

i like gun units in every mean, and i enjoy playing with them even if they are not the strongest
i have been testing some maps i was making for aos and found that gun units like handgonner or strelet in firing mode only deal 4 damage to any target (besides structures)

i dont think it makes sense since the ignoring armour damage is four, it should be 4 + residual ranged damage (attack + bonus - armour). i dont know why this happens, the only case when this doesnt happens is against structures, dealing propper damages due to the slight bonus against fortified structures (taking down towers with a lot of gunners is funny)
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
tkss

Re: gun units damage not working properly

Post by tkss »

I I think it's because Active Effects only happens after the attack. It's like another attack only without the attack damage from the enemy, the same thing happens in the rest of the Yiddish that have it is a similar effect as damage anti mounted of all the polearm wielder
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Afaik Endru was doing some big works in improving the gun units, so it might even have been fixed already in his assets, or might not, we just gotta wait to see.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

L4cus wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:44 pm i like gun units in every mean, and i enjoy playing with them even if they are not the strongest
i have been testing some maps i was making for aos and found that gun units like handgonner or strelet in firing mode only deal 4 damage to any target (besides structures)

i dont think it makes sense since the ignoring armour damage is four, it should be 4 + residual ranged damage (attack + bonus - armour). i dont know why this happens, the only case when this doesnt happens is against structures, dealing propper damages due to the slight bonus against fortified structures (taking down towers with a lot of gunners is funny)
Sorry for the late answer.

I have tested gun units and couldn't replicate said problem.
I know, that there is a display of 2 damage values at once (as in pistol ability, anti-mounted and slinger case too) and the latter one - effect damage (4 in case of gun units) is displayed a little bit later, so it can be more visible.
On emulator I just see 4 and 5 or 6 floating texts in the same time.
But when comparing hp of target left - it properly sums up.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

will try againm thanks and wellcome back T_T
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Units/techs/effects”