Enforcer/Shielder line speed discrepancy FIXED

phoenixffyrnig

Enforcer/Shielder line speed discrepancy FIXED

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Enforcer - speed 3
Shielder line - speed 2

Is this difference deliberate to make up for leaving? If so, suggestion to remove enforcer from TC to Barracks. With such stats and high leaving, plus full counter tag it is a bit of a beast to deal with, especially when spammed.

It's made me bring celtic warriors into a Japanese playthrough :( :cry:
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
DreJaDe

Re: Enforcer/Shielder line speed discrepancy

Post by DreJaDe »

A super OP unit.

That's even stronger than Legionary who is so locked.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

doesnt maceman one shot him?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Not without elite upgrade and +1
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well they do have leaving, u can have a defender defend ur base forever, enforcer cant stay in ur base forever as they would b wasted, if u want the most out of their value u have to send them to enemy base whether it is worth it or not cuz its also not worth to only keep at ur base, so enforcers do need the 3 speed to not b useless but shielders dont and they will still stay useful
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also i believe enforcers do need the writing tech so a bit more investment than just basic shielder, so if a player invests in writing just for defending with enforcer u should uphold his wish and leave his tc alone

An entire 3 turn tech and multiple 2 turn units all useless in late game especially if the player using enforcers cant get at least one 2 turn worth out of his opponent for each enforcer

phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

They've got a very high leaving, 8 or 9 I think.
And there's a long way between turn 5 and late game.

But we digress, I'm not after rebalancing the unit, because I believe he is directly copied from Guardian stats (just like Varangian/ Man at arms, routier / M skirmisher /, Merc longbow / elite longbow). And coupled with the fact that it mentions he is slow in the description when he is actually normal speed for foot I was wondering if somehow the speed stat went out of kilter.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Learning that they have this stats.

Dude, they're amazing as an assault troops. Literally does it's job as my legionaire until they can be unlocked on the 12th turn.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Yeah, they certainly pack a punch. And no way do they become useless imo
b2198

Post by b2198 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:08 pm Yeah, they certainly pack a punch. And no way do they become useless imo
Yeah, even later in the game, they are still as strong as guardians, but instead of being slower like them they have the leaving effect, so yeah, I think a nerf might be needed, so that at least later in the game they get a little behind guardians in strength.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

My understanding is that leaving is the trade off for being able to access tier 3 level units without the need for two levels of research, rather than a weakness to justify other strengths. (writing was included to block the tier 3 stats from being used immediately - it was pretty killer in small maps, and practically impossible for anyone who hadn't unlocked mercs yet).

I don't think this is a nerf, just a realignment of a discrepancy. Unless they are meant to be speed 3, in which case it would be a nerf suggestion I suppose.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Just realised that i forgot the fact that enforcer can also enter wagon, in that case whether they really need the 3 speed in indeed debatable, i guess 2 speed is ok and more investment is needed for higher speed such as wagon, drummer, bard etc.

Endru1241

Re: Enforcer/Shielder line speed discrepancy FIXED

Post by Endru1241 »

Fixed.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”