Onmyoji's New Ability

Aral_Yaren

Onmyoji's New Ability

Post by Aral_Yaren »

The new ability (Mask of Oni?) is already researched before upgraded - even the tech is available in Doujou, and reseaching it makes it in vain.

Side note - is it intended that its casting range is only 1? That seems fragile. And also can the debuff effect also affect other alive unit? I'm also thinking to propose slowing or nullify move for 2 turns as from my first test, Mask of Oni only targeting Japanese unit isn't appealing or at least not so profittable to invest just to deal against same Japanese unit imho, tho need further confirmation.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
godOfKings

Re: Onmyoji's New Ability

Post by godOfKings »

It should b working as ur own japanese units get a demoralise aura that debuffs all nearby enemy flesh and blood units, basically all ur japanese units can debuff enemies like berserker

Range 1 was suggested during the time other spells like tell fortune was also 1 range, so that range can b increased to 4/5 depending on how big impact it has on game and spell should b only unlocked after researching tech so this is definitely error

I also initially suggested slowing affected enemy units may b by -1 speed but i m not sure how op that is, considering most players only use speed buff supports for melee units
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I was about to post about this problem, also its icon is for some reason replacing the "multiple effects" icon:
godOfKings wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 pm It should b working as ur own japanese units get a demoralise aura that debuffs all nearby enemy flesh and blood units, basically all ur japanese units can debuff enemies like berserker

Range 1 was suggested during the time other spells like tell fortune was also 1 range, so that range can b increased to 4/5 depending on how big impact it has on game and spell should b only unlocked after researching tech so this is definitely error

I also initially suggested slowing affected enemy units may b by -1 speed but i m not sure how op that is, considering most players only use speed buff supports for melee units
Increasing the range seems like a good idea, and would improve its usability a lot. I also don't know if slowing units in area would be too strong, haven't tested the ability enough yet.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If its not stacking then its atleast better than slowing poison

I think rather the speed and power debuff of herbalist poison is the one that is actually op and shouldn’t stack, just may b -1 speed and -2 power only for the duration of the poison, no matter how much poison is stacked
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:10 pm The new ability (Mask of Oni?) is already researched before upgraded - even the tech is available in Doujou, and reseaching it makes it in vain.
Thanks for noticing.
Fixed in the assets.
Side note - is it intended that its casting range is only 1? That seems fragile. And also can the debuff effect also affect other alive unit? I'm also thinking to propose slowing or nullify move for 2 turns as from my first test, Mask of Oni only targeting Japanese unit isn't appealing or at least not so profittable to invest just to deal against same Japanese unit imho, tho need further confirmation.
godOfKings wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 pm It should b working as ur own japanese units get a demoralise aura that debuffs all nearby enemy flesh and blood units, basically all ur japanese units can debuff enemies like berserker
Precisely described effects.
b2198 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:04 pm Increasing the range seems like a good idea, and would improve its usability a lot. I also don't know if slowing units in area would be too strong, haven't tested the ability enough yet.
Not really sure about that.
Ability lasts 6 turns and it's effectively mass debuff on range+target speed, so if also made to be ranged then 4 range buff casted on mounted samurai makes 9 effective range mass debuff.
Similarly - mass debuff argument.
Although now, when units can have their speed back after getting rid of debuff maybe it's not so bad anymore.
b2198 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:04 pm I was about to post about this problem, also its icon is for some reason replacing the "multiple effects" icon:
I'll test.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:16 pm Not really sure about that.
Ability lasts 6 turns and it's effectively mass debuff on range+target speed, so if also made to be ranged then 4 range buff casted on mounted samurai makes 9 effective range mass debuff.
Fair enough.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Also can this tech be made to not require the Oni Possession? It's very rough to research both in MP and I think players should be let free to prioritise one of the two.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:38 pm Also can this tech be made to not require the Oni Possession? It's very rough to research both in MP and I think players should be let free to prioritise one of the two.
But how would you make people fear the mask of oni without first making them fear onis themselves? XD

On balancing side: I think it would be available too early otherwise, so I think it should still require fear of oni first.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

You can ask 陰陽師 himself ;)

Or just make the total required tech cheaper - perhaps -1 turn from the total 2 tech?

Return to “Units/techs/effects”