Boarding Hook Bug FIXED

Aral_Yaren

Boarding Hook Bug FIXED

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Tested in ME, boarding hook ability effect (annihilate speed) takes longer to vanish (I stopped in 11 turns) than it should, eventhough target had been converted and the board icon vanished. It also affects the boarding ship that casts it, as described, but there's no any icon to mark that the boarding ship affected too. This self effect also takes longer to vanished.

Hence too I propose:

1. Remove boarding hook effect for both caster and target when the boarding conversion succeeds. This is vital mainly in MP, as when one is happy to get conversion yet easily disappointed that the target, and moreover the boarding ship, cannot be used right away, thus wasting unit and turns as the opponent may annihilate his boarding ship and the converted ship at will.

2. Boarding hook only affect target not caster but lowering effect duration for trade into 1 turn. Because when boarding attempt failed and the boarding ship cannot move, one could say it's over as opponent may easily sink it down.

3. Boarding hook to attack action too to target for 1 turn, so the hooked ship cannot counter attack the boarding ship in its attempt.

4. Add boarding ship in TC. It is generic and should be more accessible as its tandem, caravel, is already in TC.

Thanks, stay cool!
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Re: Boarding Hook Bug

Post by Endru1241 »

1. It is removed. There seems to be some bug, that doesn't bring back proper speed upon removal of effect though.
2. Boarding hooks main reason for speed decrease is exactly to prevent escape.
3. No action doesn't prevent counter attack.
Also - removing action would actually make boarding hooks very powerful debuff, instead of help for boarding attempt.
4. Caravel will stop being buildable in TC. There will be cheaper more scouting oriented light ship instead.
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Re: Boarding Hook Bug

Post by Endru1241 »

Bug itself is removed.
We are working on making caster ship loose rest of movement.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”