Units on bridges cannot be repaired.

phoenixffyrnig

Units on bridges cannot be repaired.

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

It is currently not possible to repair anything that is on a (player built) bridge. I have not yet tested this on a map editor bridge, but this is the same for workers/labourers and mending ships.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
godOfKings

Re: Units on bridges cannot be repaired.

Post by godOfKings »

Bridge acts like a tc, only difference is the garrisoned unit can b shown on top, and just like a tc, u cannot repair units inside bridge and only directly repair the bridge itself, i had to bring my damaged wagon out of tc to repair it too
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Then I'd say that's a problem then. Obviously we can "hide" units in TCs, in both the literal sense (opponents do not know what units are inside) and by sheltering them behind a damage sponge like a shield Knight or skirmisher. Also siege units and ships can't attack from TCs - in a TC they are pretty much in limbo for a turn. Out on a bridge they are active and visible, fully part of the battlefield in terms of attacking and being attacked, so they should be repairable. Can we heal a flesh and blood unit on a bridge?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We can heal flesh and blood units on bridge but only because bridge is not healable.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

That's what I mean Mak, that was a rhetorical question really (admittedly not very clear) - as in we can heal units on a bridge so we should be able to repair units on a bridge. (I think, anyway).

Is the inability to repair them a deliberate thing or to do with the general buggeration that bridges can bring?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Mend action is hardcoded - it doesn't use effect system, so only stratego knows what is the exact method of resolving target and affected units and in turn - if it's intentional.

I guess there is a possibility, that TC allows mend only as something inattackable - it cannot be damaged, so there is no reason for it ever being final target of mend.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”