'Choice Phrasing' - ANSWERED

COOLguy

'Choice Phrasing' - ANSWERED

Post by COOLguy »

This is really no big issue, but it bothers me a bit: In some storyline maps, there are certain four letter words that I would consider cursing (like one meaning 'May you go to the place of eternal punishment!' :) ). In my opinion these don't add anything to the game or the story, so I would suggest simply removing them. Or if any would prefer, replace them with the ever popular ---- or !@#$. As I said, I don't believe these words help the game in any way, but they may actually turn some away from it (in other words it does not help but may do harm). :(
Thanks!
Josh
Azteca

Re: 'Choice Phrasing'

Post by Azteca »

Hahahaah thats a good one.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

where are these? which maps? thanks.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I am thinking mostly of Map 3 of the Carnage Campaign and Map 4 of Hornbourgh's Dominion. Thank you SO much! I will let you know if I come across any others. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these campaigns :D , and the triggers on these are pro :D :D ; but I feel that these words add nothing to the story and could be offensive to some (myself included).
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Again, Please do not misunderstand me: I have no desire to be the "Thought and Word Police" :) , but there are a couple of people to whom I am not recommending (as of now) this game because of that reason.

Thanks once again.
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry could you write here which sentences are problemous? (i read them tru and found nothing harsh)

maybe the term "damned"?

actually i am not native english so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Those words arent met to hurt no one why makebit a big deal? It fits with the storyline
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, Daniel, that is what I was referring to. In English, 'damn' and its variants are curse words. I understand that no one is trying to offend anyone, least of all me. I also do not wish to offend anyone. However, I would make a case that such words do not fit with the storyline or add anything to it or its effect: at least not anything that substituting '!@#$' would add. Since it ISN'T a big deal, would everyone be willing to make this small change just for my sake? I would be most grateful! :)
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, i see
please contact the authors: Longinus(Kirk) and Hardeep (you will find them as forum users) and ask them to rephrase it so i can change the map flavour texts.

thanks!

daniel
COOLguy

Re: 'Choice Phrasing' - ANSWERED

Post by COOLguy »

Ok! Thank you! Will private messaging work for me?
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Well..... i suppose its okay for my newest campaign to have plenty of '*@!@? $&$&//:$;#€&$!$£×€@! $*$($¥-*+?+¥¥' right? Cause it seems very unseemly for the characters to be as cultured as a less violent human.
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It is okay with me - I have an issue with seeing the 'curse' words, but it I am okay with using symbols "!@#$%^&*()_+" to convey their uncouth manner. :)

Btw thank you again for editing your other campaign. :) I still enjoy it!
Thanks!
Josh
sirlindsley

Re: 'Choice Phrasing' - expanded

Post by sirlindsley »

What is wrong with this picture? I can't use the word "password" in a message, but I can name a game "BROKE NIGGER"?
TheBluePhoenix

Re: 'Choice Phrasing' - expanded

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

sirlindsley wrote:What is wrong with this picture ? I can't use the word "password" in a message, but I can name a game "BROKE NIGGER"?
I already reported it and maybe it will soon be solved, though i dont find so much offense to '----' :D :lol:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, yes, I think the system is being worked on/tweaked lindsey. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Implementeds/Answered/Closed”