Gravity tiles.

Anchar

Gravity tiles.

Post by Anchar »

Could make special tiles that could speed up or slow down the hoverboards? I think it is possible to give an accelerating human and a decelerating one for reptiles and insectoids.
Midonik

Re: Gravity tiles.

Post by Midonik »

How would that work? I mean, not from the game mechanic perspective, that's not a problem. How do we explain why the "gravity tiles" accelerate or slow down hover vehicles? I do need to write a description for them.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Honestly, I myself do not really understand how you can correctly describe this. I think that it is possible due to the magnetic impulses that emanate from the coils built on the surface (like rails) or from gravity grippers that pull the hoverboard flying nearby, another option is air flows. These tiles do not work for all other units. Let's say that the technology was invented by humans (or avians), but some races could not properly copy it, but made a slowing alternative.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well I guess we can bs our way out of this.

The speed up one would be great for avians, since most of their vehicles are gonna be hover.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

speed down could act as terrain traps, like swamp and moat in aos
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

How does that work in Aos, I havent played it in years.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Its a terrain so it cant b atked, it is visible to all players, a worker can 'build' a remove clearing(it can also b used to remove forest tile) on top and after completing construction, it becomes normal plain land again, currently this type of constructible terrain mainly have armor buffing (which is written on the terrain's json) or speed buffing (which is written for each individual unit's json) affects, there is also the swamp terrain which removes action from unit inside it

May b u can ask endru or stratego for a better explanation on terrain effects

Thrre is road terrain to increase speed and trench terrain for high armor bonus in exchange for reduced speeds, also a canal that directly creates a water tile so u can make a ship from ur tc, and if canal connects to a built-in lake as part of map then ship can go to lake
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I've already stolen the canal, trench and road, don't you worry about that. I'm familiar with terrain effects as well.

Return to “Others”