New campaign 'Cold Escalation'

Tominimax

New campaign 'Cold Escalation'

Post by Tominimax »

I made a campaign for AOG and now I'm looking to upload it.
It consists of 9 maps, both big battles and smaller puzzle maps.
There are some basic triggers, dialogues and each map has got a description (made entirely using the in-game editor, so the formatting is not perfect).
All of the maps were tested, are (hopefully) bug free and can be completed for 3 stars.
The story takes place on a frozen planet on the border of Human and Reptilian territories as both races fight for control of the world, while a third party is desperately trying to escape from it.

I'm asking for permission to send these maps to the developer, as well as instructions on how to do this - I can't figure out how to send the maps that are on my phone. If something more (like screenshots) is needed I can add this as well.
Anchar

Re: New campaign 'Cold Escalation'

Post by Anchar »

You can upload them to the discord.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Or just send them to the developer through email. If you open the menu in the map draft (under the "others" section) there should be a button that says "send to dev". If you have a phone with newer android one will be blacked out but just click the other one. You have to wait, the new android option may take like half a minute on weak connection, choose an app to send it thru (if you are on the ao games Discord server you can send it there on the maps_aog channel but email is totally ok) and it should automatically generate everything.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Tominimax

Post by Tominimax »

I have sent all 9 maps, in the order they are meant to be played (starting witch Chase, ending with Epilogue).
In the descriptions there are multiple lines like +++++++++++++++++ these were meant to separate messages from different characters, but I'm not sure if they will display properly on all devices.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Yea that probably wont work. You need to use formatting. Start each paragraph with <p> and end with </p>.

The emails may be recieved out of order. I recommend adding a comment in the email about which map of what campaign it is. I will ask you for details if I cant figure the oder out.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Tominimax

Post by Tominimax »

The order is Chase -> Expedition -> Cornered -> Encounter -> Counteroffensive -> Sabotage -> Extraction -> Face-off -> Epilogue.
I'm going to resend Counteroffensive, Extraction and Face-off as soon as I fix the formatting.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok! it is in!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I was testing Expedition and its a cool concept but it seems the triggers don't work right. I converted 1 of each designated animals but I didn't win. I then killed/converted the rest too, including the invisible minder spies (I saw a hostile till wounded animal attack them and I know this trigger making trick), but the game didn't end so I dont really understand why I didn't get the win just by default destroy all enemies condition.
Tominimax

Post by Tominimax »

The triggers work - just require all three to be loaded in transports. Maybe I should have pointed that out in the goal. I will fix this and send the map again, and also a small fix for the Chase map.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I figured that out when I looked into the map's triggers. Definetely should be specified.
There was one more map where I felt like the goal wasnt specified... I think it was the one when you need to land from planes and attack the transports, I think it is only made clear in it that you need to attack the transports after you land, before that it's vague and that makes it hard to decide when to land (I was a turn too late...).
Tominimax

Post by Tominimax »

I'll correct that as well. The objective and first turn dialog now mention the transports/apcs and greys. I hope this helps. I don't know how to make this more obvious, or if I should make this more obvious.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It should just say to move the animals to the transports/attack the apcs to save the greys. You can put some flavour on it for immersion as long as it carriers the information so the player knows what to do.

Return to “Map & campaign designs ideas”