Elite / Heavy upgrades

kingofgalaxies

Elite / Heavy upgrades

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I am wondering if for AoG this concept will be added as well. Of course unit upgrades exists in other Ao variants. And it would add a lot of new units (the upgraded versions of the basic units) to the game, making it more versatile and giving more progress options esp on larger maps / in longer games.
I put this here as it doesn't necessarily belong to one race. Thought it would probably fit best to Humans as they always focus on upgrading their technology, it would probably give too much advantage to reserve this for humans only.
Midonik

Re: Elite / Heavy upgrades

Post by Midonik »

If we were to add such upgrades on large scale, it should be for all races.

I'm not sure if I see the point though. To the best of my knowledge, AoWw doesn't have the either.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

It should defo be for all races - to not follow the path of orcs in AoF :shock:
And it would add a lot of new units (the upgraded versions of the basic units) to the game, making it more versatile and giving more progress options esp on larger maps / in longer games.
That's the point i.a.

AoWW2 has an interesting concept: For some units it directly upgrades the existing units on the battlefield to the new version, and for others it just offers the new version for production while keeping the option to still produce the earlier version (sometimes those have different cost). Maybe this could be applied here as well.
But in general this would just give players more strategical options as a game progresses.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Maybe this could also be a nice way to give units that are a bit underused some chances, by adding upgrade versions.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

You recently wrote that you do not like the fact that technology interferes with production. Look at how many useless technologies have been done in the AoF for stretching the game and balancing 3 stages that are also useless by themselves. Personally, I am strongly against the 3-step improvements, this is an extra jumble for the game that needs to be provided with images, json files, balancing and balancing disputes.

Return to “Technologies”