Planetary defense

Midonik

Planetary defense

Post by Midonik »

An enormous gun/missile launcher/whatever (should differ between races), as large as a mega building. It would have a 50 range aura that would disable the buildings capable of orbital attacks. Wouldn't require any tech, would not be limited in amount (you can have multiple as back up), takes around as much to build as a mega building and is about as tough.
This will offer a countermeasure against enemy orbital strikes to not turn the game into a race to get them. You would use up a bit of space and worker actions to make this. You can't let your enemy destroy it though.
I need to make sure that the building doesn't have the aura while stil under construction lol.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Re: Planetary defense

Post by Anchar »

It is not clear why all this is needed, let the orbital building be one and they are chasing it.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I dont really understand what you are trying to say.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Why is it necessary to introduce an orbital building if a useless building is introduced next, which makes the orbital building useless?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I dont want the game to be dominated by the orbital abilities.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Maybe instead of just damage, we will make them effects on the area? For example emp bombing for human, fire for reptiles and toxin, poison for insectoids? Or will it be difficult? Given the speed of technology and ability cooldowns, this can be used in the late game. Otherwise, it turns out that I just need to chase the enemy in the construction of useless buildings.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Also, orbital buildings and besides bombing, I think there will be other skills like calling for reinforcements, so I have a few ideas for abilities that are not too powerful but interesting as it seems to me. Does this all go to the trash?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Anchar wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:04 pm Maybe instead of just damage, we will make them effects on the area? For example emp bombing for human, fire for reptiles and toxin, poison for insectoids? Or will it be difficult? Given the speed of technology and ability cooldowns, this can be used in the late game. Otherwise, it turns out that I just need to chase the enemy in the construction of useless buildings.
I could make the orbital bombardment inflict effects, is that what you are talking about? I don't see what the point is though.
Anchar wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:08 pm Also, orbital buildings and besides bombing, I think there will be other skills like calling for reinforcements, so I have a few ideas for abilities that are not too powerful but interesting as it seems to me. Does this all go to the trash?
I dont really know what you mean but I'd review ideas on case by case basis.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Midonik wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:55 pm I could make the orbital bombardment inflict effects, is that what you are talking about? I don't see what the point is though.
The point is that then the orbital bombardment will not be so strong and there will be no need to make a useless planetary defense. As I think.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I think it makes sense for orbital bombardment to be devastating though.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The priority in the game is probably in the balance and not in the sense? And in terms of balance, they come out either too strong, or with planetary defense, they both make no sense and only delay the gameplay by building unnecessary buildings.

Return to “Units & Structures (See Factions for accepted Unit nations)”