Helicopters

Leonard01

Helicopters

Post by Leonard01 »

As on my review (which I don't expect anyone to read each one), I have suggested helicopters. Human aircraft, useful for fast movement across the map, 2 types:
Transport helicopter
Carries 2 units, very fast, speed higher than sight, but very weak, use rifles on the sides. Best against infantry.
Attack helicopter
Doesn't carry, slower, lower sight, uses autocannons, miniguns, a heavy laser gun and air-to-surface missiles, very effective against most units.

Helicopters are very costly, 4-6 turns, but very fragile. If they are individual categories, missile infantry should get a large bonus against them, to kill them in one attack.

Love the games, don't stress yourselves with the games.

Edit: I am new here, I am not sure where else to post this, I can move this if you need me to.
Attachments
My representation, green background for simplifying.
My representation, green background for simplifying.
Helicopters.png (815 Bytes) Viewed 1039 times
Midonik

Re: Helicopters

Post by Midonik »

Wrong section, moved

The problem I see with helicopters is that they either overlap with hovercrafts or aircrafts (depending on if ground units can deal full damage to them or not).

Since I didn't know how to deal with them I just let them be.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

What is true though and what Leonard implies subtly is the fact that human/insectoids bazooka infantry is pretty underused (helis would give it some use if they'd counter them, but alas helis don't seem to fit into the game). The 3-turns-unit AA inf which only has a range of 1 tile just doesn't give value compared to alternative AA options.
I would probably give them at least 2 tiles range to match with rep PADs, or buff their attack a bit. An even better idea might be to make them counters specifically to hovering units (give huge bonus to this and small to air units).
@Midonik should I repost this in other section? Btw why does no-one discuss the existing balancing / new stuff topics anymore?
Leonard01

Post by Leonard01 »

We don't know how to change balancing and so it isn't too critical. Also, helicopters already exist and are quite sophisticated, so i do think they might fit. Also, about that, a big change would be that lasers don't miss. They shouldn't, they're just a stream of light, potentially most dangerous by heating things up. They dont have a recoil, so to miss you'd need an incompetent or untrained gunner.
Leonard01

Post by Leonard01 »

Also, can i know where it was moved? Also, would it be out of place for railway gun? They're real, powerful artilleries, i dont see a reason the humans would stop using them, maybe just have them as an outdated human weapon. I already have dome early idea textures on my PC...
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Leonard01 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:45 pm Also, can i know where it was moved? Also, would it be out of place for railway gun? They're real, powerful artilleries, i dont see a reason the humans would stop using them, maybe just have them as an outdated human weapon. I already have dome early idea textures on my PC...
You know humans already have railgun infantry and railgun tanks, as well as a railgun cruiser?!

To your question, this is already the right section :)
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Leonard01 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:43 pm We don't know how to change balancing and so it isn't too critical. Also, helicopters already exist and are quite sophisticated, so i do think they might fit. Also, about that, a big change would be that lasers don't miss. They shouldn't, they're just a stream of light, potentially most dangerous by heating things up. They dont have a recoil, so to miss you'd need an incompetent or untrained gunner.
Do you speak English or are you translating? Cause Midonik explained there exist exactly 2 types of air units rn: airplanes and hovercrafts. Creating a third category would be too much to balance out properly. Also humans already possess the most air units out of all races.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

He said railway, as in moving on rails
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

To suggest the laser change, please put that in Balancing subforum.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Midonik wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:57 pm He said railway, as in moving on rails
Oh sorry, misread this...
Would be a bit illogical though without having actual rails as terrain. Could maybe be a fun campaign unit if rails terrain gets added. Like some sort of a human bot defense.
Leonard01

Post by Leonard01 »

Anything to motivate people to build during campaigns
Leonard01

Post by Leonard01 »

Building is very useful but it doesn't seem to be used much during campaigns. Maybe we just need a much larger campaign?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Are we still talking about helicopters? Discussing more than one topic in... well, a topic, is no good, and we already had 3 in this one.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

@Leonard01
You have to create a new topic for any new idea, AFTER having checked if it's already there and discussed previously.

Return to “Units & Structures (See Factions for accepted Unit nations)”