Vraaugs

StormSaint373

Vraaugs

Post by StormSaint373 »

Creature: (Vraaug) ranges from 6-10 feet tall, amass between 200-500lbs, they are tall and hairy humanoids. Faces appear humanoid but, they posses qualities that make them non-human. Between 1.5- 2x as tall as a normal person, around 3x heavy...Ecology: a mix of cultures: Scottish/Nordic in culture, language, and apparel. Their society is clan-like and seemingly primitive, but they have their own plethora of techs and research.
Communication and sattelite support systems don't work due to electrical interference, thus they use special calls that imitate wildlife,but only a Vraaug can tell the difference.
Home Planet: their home is a mountianous and Storm covered climate that has numerous rivers that empty into a large basin, which then evaporates into the cloudy atmosphere above.
Creatures on the planet are large and agressive, mainly mammals and a massive dragon species.
Combat: most weapons are tribal or even Midieval in appearance, but have been used in such a way that they are able to hold off plantetary Invaders as well as the afore mentioned wildlife.
Tactics: make use of shock-and-awe, gruella warfare, and paratrooping tactics. In the short term, they are superior in physical prowess and suprise. But in a long term engagement, they begin to suffer due to the fact that they no longer hold the advantage of suprise as they would in a hunt.

Racial Stats:
High base hp
High attack (Melee and range)
Medium range

Low vehicle use (no more than 6)
No satellite support

Racial passive ablities:
Regeneration: Heal (4-10)hp per turn
SR: 20-80
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
StormSaint373

Re: Vraaugs

Post by StormSaint373 »

Techs

Know the Land: +1 to vision for all units and structure

Stealing
Hijack: turns an automated unit to your side
Coerce: turns a flesh and blood unit to your side

Percentage chance applies (30-50%)?

Available to Vraaugs, and humans

Ritual healing (Tribal)

Warpaint: add +3 to attack, and armor
Warcry: Doubles actions
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

So let the how that's supposed to work? keyboard battle begin!
(I sort of even like the concept but the must stand up to other races in a sensful way)
I were deadly serious when I told you they need to have an possibility to space travel between star systems. The space battles are going to be the part of game and the playable faction that can't take part in it is pointless. Unless you agree to make them non-playable neutrals (then less units, however some of them could be avaiable for all/most playable faction somewhat modified, I want that for all races like that, I'm sort of spoiling oh no)
I will let stuff like ecosystem buliding slip (I mean, being big is not the most superior way to win in natural selection, but yeah let's not go that deep), but I won't let them being strong enough to fight with über advanced civilization without some explanations. If they weapons are mainly melee they would be slaughtered by laser guns and stuff, I think you have something in your sleeve for that. They need to more or the less have united home planet for lore purposes. They need to be able to logisticaly keep up with others. Shock-and-ave is based on, among others, using technological advantage, that's quite ironic here, but I guess you mean the number and suprise advantage, in short term. Do they have any psionic (magic) talents?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Midonik wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm So let the how that's supposed to work? keyboard battle begin!
(I sort of even like the concept but the must stand up to other races in a sensful way)
I were deadly serious when I told you they need to have an possibility to space travel between star systems. The space battles are going to be the part of game and the playable faction that can't take part in it is pointless. Unless you agree to make them non-playable neutrals (then less units, however some of them could be avaiable for all/most playable faction somewhat modified, I want that for all races like that, I'm sort of spoiling oh no)
I will let stuff like ecosystem buliding slip (I mean, being big is not the most superior way to win in natural selection, but yeah let's not go that deep), but I won't let them being strong enough to fight with über advanced civilization without some explanations. If they weapons are mainly melee they would be slaughtered by laser guns and stuff, I think you have something in your sleeve for that. They need to more or the less have united home planet for lore purposes. They need to be able to logisticaly keep up with others. Shock-and-ave is based on, among others, using technological advantage, that's quite ironic here, but I guess you mean the number and suprise advantage, in short term. Do they have any psionic (magic) talents?
As a matter of fact, I do.

Their means of tech are different, I said.

Weapons
Lightning-based, magnetic

RANGED
• railguns
• guass cannons (artillery railguns that can tear apart even jump ships due to velocity that it travels)
• PPCs (heavy lighting gun that melts armor and fries electronics)
• crossbows with AP bolts that explode upon impact
• EMP grenades and poisonous herbs

MELEE
• Lightning maces, and staves(use magnets and electricity storage apparatuses to discharge electrical blasts on impact)

ARMOR
• Hard light armor (Absorbs laser weapons, allowing them to power their weapons and maintain power on their armor)
• Magnetic Shields (draw non laser weapons to them, renders them ineffective)

MAGIC/PSIONICS

• Tribal majik (work for mind effects, buff allies) works like Celtic/barbaric rituals, warpaint, voodoo.
• herbs and tonics (heal allies, poison/toxic for enemies, some native plants can even be explosive)

I suppose I could come up with a smaller speciman for use of psionics, but it may be very similar to the grey humans that work with reptiles.
Last edited by StormSaint373 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Units

Vraaug Masons (engineers)
Vraaug Jagers (ranged)
Vraaug Highlanders (melee)
Vraaug Shaman
Vraaug Chief (elite commander)
Dragon (monster)

Vehicles

Zapper light track (light tank AA)
Thunder track (heavy tank Anti armored)
Brisk Wind Dual helo (fast transport, anti infantry)

Ships:
Hex-Wing Fighter/Bomber
Orion Dropship
Polaris Jumpship

Battle mechs/Battle armor
Hunter (Light AWG)
Tempest (medium AWG)
Crucible (heavy AWG)
Vraaug Marauder (Battle armor)
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Special Qualities/techs

Regeneration (heal 4-10hp per turn)
Hijack
Coerce
Herbs (2 types), 1 heals, 1 is toxic
Charge weapons (adds EMP effect, +3 attack) all
Battlecry (extra action) flesh and blood
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Their appearance description reminds me of those Wookiees from Star Wars, kinda like this concept of futuristic big foot. :lol:
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

That's the idea :D
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Interesting.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

Return to “Factions”