Myconids

Midonik

Myconids

Post by Midonik »

Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Myconids

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

They could be made more creepier than the AoF version with control effects such as mycellia. Allows them to communicate with plants, which I found just a tiny bit interesting in a documentary.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I like your style puss. For a sci-fi version, we can make the myconids creepier. They already feed on any organic matter, including corpses, so it might fit to have them as one of humanity's more terrifying threats.
The glorious sun rises again
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sounds good.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

So:
Strong sides:
Able to grow units from corpusess
Converting
Weak sides:
Infantry (it will be in big quantitis thanks to growing it from corpusess,so it should be weaker)
?

I was thinking that in story dan wrote myconids was created throught biologlical experiments,so I think that they will continue work of their creators by mutating them self and other mashrooms (mayby not only). Their units will ve living creatures (even buldings,vechicules and space ships)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Yeah, no electronics. Just biological. Maybe some ships could even have psychic properties.
The glorious sun rises again
ShroomGuy

Post by ShroomGuy »

My ideas/opinion/other stuff on this faction:
We can maybe make them to be able to infect other creatures that aren't "inmune" to them, and then, when a certain number of infections (that can be done by various individuals) or (my favourite) "spores" (that can be made by one individual) are reached, the infected will slowly start to become one of them. It can be grouped by "phases" of the infection. (Ex.: Phase 1: Health reduction, weakness (illness), Phase 2: The unit's aim is decreased (take the elf archer's aim, and turn it into goblin archer's aim.) and some other stuff can be added (weakness, or other states that can be implemented that reference a high state of confusion and pain), Phase 3: At this point the unit will become neutral until phase 4., Phase 4: Last phase, the unit affected turns into a "zombie" and serves to the myconid faction.) This can maybe later be "cured" by different technologies, or can even remain undetected unless detected (from Phase 2 it has a physical and notable effect, or it can be detected by technologies). With this power, we can maybe make them be not so tough (nor weak) and, maybeeeeeee... make them not have ships or other technologies and rely on infecting others to survive.
Too, they can be able to "release" spores to the outside, and these can grow to generate another myconid, unless they are destroyed before that happens. Maybe with a technology of them they can be able to "plant" spores over something (like walls, inside ships, machinery if you are into small zoom maps) so that when it is touched, it can infect the unit that touched it, or even plant spores on robots (so that when robots attack (melee) or are standing beside other "infectable" units there is a chance for it to be infected, and many other things.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Hmm well that's kinda what is the plan. But just kinda.

Return to “Factions”