Bugged menu CLOSED

If you have faced any problem (excluding crashes) in the main menu, game lists, campaign lists or upgrades sections.
Hope

Bugged menu CLOSED

Post by Hope »

Clicking the map editor button shows the "other" menu, when in the map editor menu, similar for other menus, happens after map editor glitches, close and open app to fix
Badnorth

Re: Bugged menu

Post by Badnorth »

Hope wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 am Clicking the map editor button shows the "other" menu, when in the map editor menu, similar for other menus, happens after map editor glitches, close and open app to fix
What?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hope

Post by Hope »

The other menu, which is accessed when you click other (it's the menu with the map editor, daily reward and cosmetics) is still shown when going into map editor, so instead of seeing your created maps, you still see the menu, it still physically works like the map editor menu, as tapping on the screen will take you into map editting. It happened when I was creating a complex map, overlapping cliff tiles, and clicking undo. It caused the map editor to show deleted tiles, so I quit the map and reentered it to so it would stop showing deleted tiles but it seemed to glitch the menu as well. After exiting and entering the app it went back to normal. This was in AoF
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I got similar bug few times, but with campaign menu.
After clicking on specific campaign it got me main menu (or main campaign menu - don't remember) visuals, but it was working like this specific campaign menu.
I think it may be something with screens z value (or overlay order - it's the same).
From what I remember it was happening when I minimized the game or blocked phone (which probably minimizes the game anyway).
@Stratego (dev) Should it be added to the list of lower priority issues? Or do you have it already?
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i never saw such - is it an existing bug?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I am not sure - I remember experiencing it in the past, but not sure if I had it recently.
I went in the game and tried to replicate it, but nothing comes out.
I had MIUI on my previous phone though, so it may have been their aggressive memory/battery saving options.
I just don't remember when was the last time it happened.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Bugged menu CLOSED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thx, i closed it until reopened.
thanks!

Return to “Main Menu”