There are too many "friends-only games" IMPLEMENTED

If you have faced any problem (excluding crashes) in the main menu, game lists, campaign lists or upgrades sections.
Torsan

There are too many "friends-only games" IMPLEMENTED

Post by Torsan »

Always need to scroll a lot. The system of friends is not developed, always these games are not filled, and there are too many of them, they very interfere.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: There are too many "friends-only games", this is very bad.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

system of friends is not developed - what do u mean?
Torsan

Post by Torsan »

You put yourself in the place of new players? Imagine, you downloaded the game, enter it, and there are a lot of games, and all are for friends only. I really like this game, and many will like it if they are not scared away by the inability to play, to join immediately in some kind of game in multiplayer. New players come and go out, players from different countries, someone does not know English, and do not understand why there are games for friends everywhere, and what needs to be done to join these games. You went to the list of games now? A new player, and all players need to scroll to the bottom and look for open games. before this was not when there was no function of friends. Separate games for friends from open games and from games with a password, make tabs.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Torsan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:30 pm You put yourself in the place of new players? Imagine, you downloaded the game, enter it, and there are a lot of games, and all are for friends only.

A new player, and all players need to scroll to the bottom and look for open games. before this was not when there was no function of friends.
Agree. It is quite frustrated when you see most of games are not opened.

And I found another issue that happened on opened friend games in previous version. I joined some opened friend games. I waited them few days but the respond rate is REALLY LOW(finish their turn). I really think it needs a further test to find out actual respond rate of opened games.(sth like join 20 opened 1v1 (exclude AI) games at the same time , waiting few days :roll: )
Do you think it works?
@Stratego (dev)
Torsan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:30 pm Separate games for friends from open games with a password, make tabs.
Agree. This will reduce time for loading. Or just keep putting friend games on the bottom? :?:

Apart from that, I think it can add some colours to indicate the maps that involve your friends. (sth like colour of published/fixable in map market) For instance, the friend map that you can join has a green colour. The game that has your friend has red colour. :?:
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

coloring: good idea! will make it 4 net update.

many friends games: what do u suggest? shall i restrict of making friend games somehow?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok coloring is in next update uos 20

also order by is ready, in newly created games it will work as suggested (only friends games goes to bottom, non friend games first)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

alo i have found that half of the games were created by players having no friends at all.
i have removed all of these waiting games from AOS (about 40 games)
i will not allow making friends games without any friends.

any other suggestions are welcome
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I think you should enable friendly games for players:
- That have at least 5 or 10 active friends (maybe also if possible to track log in results, to allow players last seen, like 1 week last log in or something).
- Enable Friendly games if the player have lvl 3 badge and more.
- Also to automatically put those games as Open games after 1 day waiting from the creation.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is fixed, friend games will open as passworded games do (as planned but was buggie)
i have also closed old friend games.

Return to “Main Menu”