tech/spell(?): commune (elves) - IMPLEMENTED

max-damage

tech/spell(?): commune (elves) - IMPLEMENTED

Post by max-damage »

When developed, it would allow elves to see unrevealed areas of a map through the eyes of local wildlife for a short period of time...sounds more like a spell...

Cost: 10 turns
Area of effect: 3 space radius of target...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: tech/spell(?): commune (elves)

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds interesting. but there is no wildlife yet (i mean deers and so on) but that would be awesome if all neutral animal vision van be revealed to the elves.
your idea is the same as the "reveal map" upgrade "spell"?

what about this:
- we introduce neutral animals on map (volves, deers, rabbit :))
- 10 turns
- if invented elf player for the rest of the game see all neutral animal line of sight.

what do you think?

(same idea could be for the corpses for the undead, could see 1-2 tile away of corpses - by this undead would see all corpses of curse)
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

That sounds great!! And if the neutral wildlife moves around on the map at random (without hindering unit movement), it would be even cooler!! :-)
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes they would move.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Very cool!! :-)

...I'm working on a couple more ideas for non-human race techs...I'll post them when i have a clearer picture of the ideas...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, it will be called "nature call"

an it is up on server in 35 minutes.
balint

Re: tech/spell(?): commune (elves) - IMPLEMENTED

Post by balint »

the nature calls me :D
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

balint wrote:the nature calls me :D
Down the hall, second door on the right... :lol:
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The nature call tech for elves seems to work wonders when used on a map with animals, but there are a few issues I have noticed with it. 1. I know it will be fixed later, but animals aren't really present in many maps yet. 2. The automatic actions at turn end will have every archer in range shooting any animal around even though they are actually helpful to the elves. 3. Any other race will be automatically killing any animal they see to prevent being seen by an elf player, especially an undead player that can use the corpses from the animals.

I would like to see humans and orcs gain benefits from the existence of animals, either by an ability to kill them for food (essentially granting instant healing or a temporary healing aura to one or more units) or by using them as a form of labor, possibly reducing the remaining build time on a nearby TC. Elves and undead already benefit from them, so no need to give anything more to them for it. To make these benefits more sustainable some form of trigger to spawn an identical animal elsewhere on the map a couple turns after an animal is killed or used up would make them a valuable resource that isn't completely gone halfway through any given game.
The glorious sun rises again
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:The nature call tech for elves seems to work wonders when used on a map with animals, but there are a few issues I have noticed with it. 1. I know it will be fixed later, but animals aren't really present in many maps yet. 2. The automatic actions at turn end will have every archer in range shooting any animal around even though they are actually helpful to the elves. 3. Any other race will be automatically killing any animal they see to prevent being seen by an elf player, especially an undead player that can use the corpses from the animals.

I would like to see humans and orcs gain benefits from the existence of animals, either by an ability to kill them for food (essentially granting instant healing or a temporary healing aura to one or more units) or by using them as a form of labor, possibly reducing the remaining build time on a nearby TC. Elves and undead already benefit from them, so no need to give anything more to them for it. To make these benefits more sustainable some form of trigger to spawn an identical animal elsewhere on the map a couple turns after an animal is killed or used up would make them a valuable resource that isn't completely gone halfway through any given game.

Valid points...

Return to “Archived - Elven Technologies and Spells”