Elf Tech:Water Spray

samuelch

Elf Tech:Water Spray

Post by samuelch »

Allow fairy to spray water to extinguish fire and suport the ents. Cost=6 turns.
Midonik

Re: Elf Tech:Water Spray

Post by Midonik »

So... fairs get new albitly?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Yes, as a spell.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Seems ok,but etns only weaknes are: slow and fire.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The idea is nice but i agree with the fact that ents have only fire as their weakness. Undeads might suffer a lot from this new spell.
Age of Fantasy design leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

How about long cooldown?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I assue it would become useless that way (you don't make fairy generally and researching a tech that have a long cooldown and requires a scout units might be not convenient.
The real point is that would make killing ents even more difficult for undeads
enrich

Post by enrich »

(ʘ‿ʘ✿)

................................i am speechles......................
Midonik...Alexander82...
There is this spell (for only 3 turns) called: sacrificed killer
There is also this unit that effecticely does 38 damage (44 with skeletal power )to ent warriors and ONLY costs 2 turns called: fire skull thrower
Theres this peculiar spell (who said we had to kill the ent warrior) called: convert
(now this is a hard one to conceptualize, i admit, esp. for plebs) theres this spell to deal with summoned ents (if you have a spare skeleton monster or dragon) called: hell of pain by sacrifice.
So...!??????????????????????????????????????
Last edited by enrich on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:57 am, edited 11 times in total.
enrich

Post by enrich »

But yes i agree with you this spell would be unnecessary since elf druids can already do this with heal.
I do however suggest making fairies invisible units like the assasin. Because fairies are know to be hard to find because they are good at hiding from prying eyes.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Do you know that every 2 turns elf unit has 80% resistance? Undeads best options are spells...
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I mean that if you make ents more difficult to kill it is like saying that undeads can make no use for their units...
The skull thrower is easy to kill and has a limited range. Sacrifice killer requires sacrificing a units and the lich is extremely easy to kill. They aren't that great way to kill ents you are trying to show. Undeads are really overpowered by elves and their options are useful on paper only since an elven player can already easily prevent any of these ways. Also casters can nothing against simple 2 turns elves so mummy disabling effects are useless too. If you tell me that elves struggle against orcs i can see your point, but undeads are definitely at disadvantage against elves and are weaker in melee too compared to orcs and humans.
enrich

Post by enrich »

The undead have the best workers so being able to churn out a lot of cheap wagons should be a given..
3 fire skulls (6 turns) vs ent (7 turns): undead end up +1
Mummy (3 turns) ent (7 turns): undead end up +4

I DO NOT know how to make this any simpler
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yeah but if you start making ents instead of archers to fight their counter units you are going the wrong way. Try doing 1 ent 7 turns vs 4 zombies 8 turns or evrn more 4 skeleton archers 8 turns
Try skull thrower vs elf archer too.

The plain turn cost isn't a perfect measure if you don't consider the units role and the race advantages/disadvantages
enrich

Post by enrich »

I have failed...i accept my loss (◡‿◡✿)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

No worries, it is not a battle. I think we should make thr game to avoid balance issues as more as we can. I think we should just play (and test) a lot after every add on to see if we find an excessive imbalance. Elves are wauting 2 important things inside (sentinel and rework of infantry). I think that those 2 chsnges should help a lot since elves alresdy rule on the ranged side (they need archers improvements tough).
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Alexander82 wrote: since elves alresdy rule on the ranged side (they need archers improvements tough).
I think elves should get a really strong archer with big cost bulid at megabulding for late game.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Like a sniper? That would be nice.

I think that mega buildings units should be trained in other places too. No race should rely in mega buildings alone since in many maps you have no space to build them.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Elves sharpshooter? And got special bulding (like uruk tent) where it can be recruit too?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We might do high elves building and make high elves like uruk units
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

That seems good! But what about the dark elves? should they be like assassins?
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

You're reading my mind. I was thinking about them but i'm a bit uncertain if making them part of the elves or a standalone race (or underdark race) since elves and dark elves are generally enemies
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Elven Hunter - A brave elf with very long ranged weapon; A powerful bow and deadly sharp bows

Elven Marksman - A Short Ranged But Ultimately powerful strong arrows that can kill one unit in one turn.

Shadow Ranger - A Invisible or An Assassin Archer (Ranger - AOS) With cooldown (2 turns) before becomes invisible to enemies.

Overlord Archer/Ranger - Like Assassin but can't invisible to enemies, can attack 3 arrows per turn
enrich

Post by enrich »

What about spirits/elementals

Fire: gives +2 attack aura. Fire ball spell. A spell that boosts attack. But Its easy to take down, burns all nearby buildings (even friendly ones) and its movement is restricted

Earth : defence aura. Bulky but slow. Can travel through mountains but cant enter buildings or cross water. Can throw rocks against buildings. Defensive spell.

Wind: the fastest. Unrestricted by terrain. +1 range aura. Can attack twice dealing 10 damage each time.

Water: slow on land fast on water. Attacks can slow down enemy. Has a healing aura. Healing water spell that heals completely
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Orther Elemental Units
Fire Bender
Air Bender
Earth Bender
Water Bender
Blood Bender
Metal Bender
Pro Bender
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Let's make specific threads for all those proposals. Btw i like elementals. They might be in different sizes (like in d&d).
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Well in "Gate" The High elves and the Dark Elves went somewhat well.
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Alexander82 wrote:Let's make specific threads for all those proposals. Btw i like elementals. They might be in different sizes (like in d&d).

Thanks, i like it too! :D :D let's make a new topic for the Earth Bender First!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

So you mean to make elementals summoned or a unit inspired by avatar?

Elementals might be used by all races but the elements would differ from race to race (for example elves might have all nature elements elementals. Undeads blood elementals and do on) but the units that do this kind of magic should be specific (the benders were more martial artists right, it seems more a human thing).

Let's start from elven elementals and a new spellcaster (elementalist or something similar) and let's define well elementals power.

I would make different "levels" of elementals with different cooldowns but it should be needed a submenu that i don't know if it's possible to make within the game engine.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

yes but not op, i normal bender i mean.... maybe those are Training in a Elemental Academy

Return to “Elf Technologies”