Post by Alexander82 »

Cost: 6

researched at advancement center

Every unit with a shield gain a 10% chance to evade melee and ranged attack
Age of Fantasy design leader
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Shield block

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I think it should be given a chance to take half the damage. If in a scenario where a Cave Troll slams his huge club against a tiny shield, it would look very weird if he somehow took no damage.
OLÉ
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'm not saying you are wrong but:

1) another tech i've written down today just raise armor to shielded units (that is just a slight damage reduction)

2) the mechanics to evade damage are already in game so this would make it easy to implement

3) the evasion chance isn't high for a reason (it just works when you manage to totally deflect a blow)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Sounds like a good idea, honestly. Could we just merge this with shield wall though. Say make shield wall the level 2 of this tech. It just seems to make more sense that way to me.

Also, hate to move an awesome series of ideas off an existing race and onto one not yet added, but I think this whole idea would make the backbone of dwarf armies. We haven't made dwarves in yet, but as (last I checked) they are being planned​, it may be a good idea to avoid putting their stuff on another race.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes Dwarves will be definitely in game. We just need some time to start implementing them.

Anyway i kept those idea separate since one is a smith tech for every shielded unit and the other is an infantry effect (that might be used also for roman units in AoS)
Sunrise Samurai

I guess I can see why they aren't merged then. I still say save this idea for dwarves. In fact I would be disappointed if it wasn't in the first release of the dwarf race since it fits so well there.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Merged with humans?
Sunrise Samurai

I more meant for them to have this skill when they are made, but adding them as human allies would be a good way to put them in little by little instead of one daunting​ task to deal with.

Return to “Human Technologies”