Levitate

MrLich

Levitate

Post by MrLich »

A spell that enables the target unit to fly(definitely no flying catapults, rams, propably no to horses and definitely no flying giants, so propably would work on lighter units, duration 3,maybe a cooldown of 2)only concern is what happens after the the duration ends,but unit is on a water tile, mountain tile etc
godOfKings

Re: Levitate

Post by godOfKings »

In the past aos siege tower also applied flying, if a unit went to mountain or water tile, it would permanently stay stuck there (unless if u cast levitate from a range then it might b able to escape)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actual flight is not allowed.
Levitate on other hald will be a bit different spell:
1. It will allow for unit to move above water;
2. It will allow for unit to pass through enemy units.

Not sure if it will be for humans though.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

A very interesting spell, it would work more if only the adept casts this spell, 3 turns of duration sounds a lot 2 turns would be of good size and the spell would not only allow the unit to fly over water but also other types of terrain that damage or impede the movement of the unit, this spell fits more with humans anyway, I definitely don't like the idea of ​​flying orcs since they alone are already too bulky for any other unit, with elves it could possibly be fits the style well theirs, with the dwarves and undead it's definitely not something they would use since on one side you have flying machines that are excellent in transport and the other are just pieces of calcium that by themselves float on the water and the lizardmen and etc already swim and it wouldn't make sense to give them the same mobility they already have. And not to mention that as the unit will be flying it would practically be immune to attacks from melee ground units.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not for adepts unless you want it in place of barriers...

As for «whom to give this spell» i was thinking about either elves or scalefolks. Undeads also might get it but with high cost — will be locked behind sub and either on costly caster, will have very-very limited possible targets or will require sacrifices.
For humans it will give too big advantages.

Definitely will not allow for this spell to pass through mountains or terrain type obstacles.

Lastly this spell must not give any «flying» properties to unit like «free movement over any terrain», «1 damage taking from purely ground forces» and such.
It should not launch unit into air for 20-50000000 meters high. At most it will allow to levitate at about 0.3 meters above surface which allows to move around a bit easier (but that's it).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

so the spell would give the unit a bit more mobility? that's all? it's definitely not worth replacing magic barrier with a very weak spell like that.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well for a spell that will allow for cavalry or mechanical units to move normally in forests or swamps and that at most will have 1 turn cooldown it is very good.
Not on the level of barriers, alas.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Human Technologies”