Full scaledfolk race remade suggestion — ARCHIVED

Savra

Re: Full scaledfolk race remade suggestion

Post by Savra »

Problem is, is scaledfolk have structures buildable on water and yet their basic builder can't move through it, the dragon can't start building. The advantages of building your structures out on the water are numerous. Orcs siege units are slow moving through it so you can pick them off easily, the cannon fodder is getting a range deduction and can be taken out by some archers. It's a useful strategy and isn't too op because everyone has or will be getting ranged siege units. I don't see why scaledfolk shouldn't have a builder capable of building and swimming in water. It is a part of their home turf and they can build a lot of defenses on it which is why I never suggested any new naval defences for them. It should be fine, or else we just make gold dragon capable of building since its supposed to be an advanced builder but I prefer we do the Naga route instead, less controversial. Besides it's not going to have a high mend rate anyway, and no 2 actions.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The reason why i don't like this is that they would be WAAAAAY too op on sea maps. When they will be only races with ability to build in the middle of ocean mega building.

Also other races will get later their water only workers.
Humans - their mending ship
Elves - their merman worker
Orcs i think - water goblin one
Dwarves - none (but they don't need that - they have great bridges and workers)
Undeads already can build in water (their workers can move through)

If we will implement naga worker than it must be restricted what it can build: no mega buildings in the middle of oceans.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Most races have anti building units already to counter that, but I believe the naval workers were originally supposed to be restricted to naval based structures, e.g.:

Mend ship: builds- coastal fortress, coastal wall, docks
Water goblin servant: builds- obsidian spire, obsidian blockade, merlocks hut
Mermen constructor: builds- Beacon, coral barrier, sacred springs
Skeleton worker is all undead needs.
Dwarves don't have any aquatic defences yet, so they are open for suggestions.
Naga constructor: builds- Naga conclave, poison tower, fire tower, pallisades, pallisades gate.

Not much but just enough since we also have sea ports suggested as a new tc variant on the water, so you have to defend it somehow. I will bring that topic up for you.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Water only ones i agree.
But not mega buildings.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

That's what I meant.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Continuing.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

This is looking good so far! So the balance changes for scaledfolk will FINALLY get implemented? :D
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I am planning something different for the race. I've already told @makazuwr32 about how the race should have been.

I will need some time but I have to make plans for both scalefolk and dwarves so we can all stick to the same logics behind the races.

Also Many units need rework in terms of images
Age of Fantasy design leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Why go through reworking the race all over again if good balancing suggestions are right here already? :lol: :lol:
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Skelegonsans wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:25 am Why go through reworking the race all over again if good balancing suggestions are right here already? :lol: :lol:
Because Scalefolk was suppose to be made different entirely but turned out something else.
He isn't gonna go balancing what is here cause it is not as he said it would originally be
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

And what do you mean "how it was supposed to be"? If the Scaledfolk are the way they are now it's because everyone's ideas and merged them together to make them. So pretty much everyone's concept of what the race should be like is in the game already - balancing issues apart of course. I really see no logic in "making them be what they are supposed to be" because no one can really say what they're "supposed to be" because they were created with everyone's ideas. :|
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Skelegonsans wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:35 am And what do you mean "how it was supposed to be"? If the Scaledfolk are the way they are now it's because everyone's ideas and merged them together to make them. So pretty much everyone's concept of what the race should be like is in the game already - balancing issues apart of course. I really see no logic in "making them be what they are supposed to be" because no one can really say what they're "supposed to be" because they were created with everyone's ideas. :|
I see you were misinformed
Alex is the design leader of this game, what he says for the most part goes
He already told us before scalefolk is not how he planned.
This game isn't for everyone to decide and it gets in, grant Alex will listen to us but his word over ours
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Yeah because this is our vision and not exactly what was his.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Guys I will lock this topic since I'm opening a new one.

I'd like your cooperation since the work to do will be a lot.
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Scalefolk Units, Buildings”