Kobold priest — ARCHIVED

Midonik

Kobold priest — ARCHIVED

Post by Midonik »

Git healing albitly,mayby armor and power buff too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Skelegonsans

Re: Kobold priest

Post by Skelegonsans »

Noice. Ideas for stats:
cost:3 (ground) (spells: healing (10), strenghten and double strike.)
Hp 14
Atk 2
Arm/p.arm 0/0 (i generally put kobold units with 1/1 but this is a priest so armor should be zero..)
Speed 3
Sight 4

Is it good?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Yes,I think
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Any sprite yet?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

You mean image? I totaly cant make them.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Can anyone else make a sprite for it?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

isn't the same as the kobold shaman? We shouldn't make 2/3 spellcaster for any subrace.

1 kobold caste, 1 liard caster and 1 snake caster are more than enough to start.
If you look at elves, humans and orcs they have 2 casters each and they work perfectly. There is no point into making 10 spellcaster for a race (not at this point at least)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Kobold shaman havent got healing,bit mayby you right.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i agree with alexander,
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We will discuss the spellcaster to give them different roles (like healing, support or attack) but let's avoid making too many overlapping units
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Human has THREE spellcasters counting with battlemage. And this one is just for healing and maybe 1 or 2 support spells. The other spellcasters are for support and offense spells, but no healing spells. Imo all races should have a basic healer, and this one seems to be the one. STILL, i agree with you alex, other than the spellcasters suggested so far, no more should be added.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i agree but need to change the name. priest is sounds wierd. maybe kobold healer.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Skelegonsans wrote:Human has THREE spellcasters counting with battlemage. And this one is just for healing and maybe 1 or 2 support spells. The other spellcasters are for support and offense spells, but no healing spells. Imo all races should have a basic healer, and this one seems to be the one. STILL, i agree with you alex, other than the spellcasters suggested so far, no more should be added.
The warmage is a melee unit that seems like a spellcaster but it definitely works as a meee fighter. His spells are autocasting (he can't buff other units) it mostly for flavor reasons and it doesn't cover any spellcaster role (it isn't a healer, nor a buff/debuff unit and has no aoe spells)

We need to focus our casters with their role in mind.

Until now we made some sort of suggestion brainstorming having a lot of units that cover the same roles (it happenned also with spearmen). We need to project a bit more what we're going to make or wel'll end up with a army where you don't know which unit do what.

We might make 2/3 infantry units, 1/2 anti cavalry, 2/3 ranged units, 2/3 spellcasters, 1 or 2 heavy hitters, 1 or 2 flying units and so on...
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Not quite.
Kobold shaman: Supportive/main spellcaster.
Snakeman shaman: offensive & suportive/special spellcaster (like troll shaman)
Kobold priest: Main healer
See?

But yeah. When creating unit ideas, the creator should give unit role.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Instead of 2 kobolds caster why not a lizard healer? (or make the kobold healer and the lizard support)
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

make this as a basic unit
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Well then, lets make this unit "lizardman priest" instead
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

k
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

New Ideas for stats:
cost:3 (ground/swim) (spells: healing (10), strenghten and Dragon's Influence (Choose a square up to range 5. All friendly units in a 2 area around that point get +3 attack for 2 turns, and enemy units in same area get -3 attack for 2 turns. Cooldown 3.))
Hp 16
Atk 2
Arm/p.arm 0/0
Speed 3 (move cost at water: 2, except if swim tech has been researched)
Sight 5
Is it good?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I would make the spellcaster with a progressive cost (also to make them different)

Considering that the base lizard is 3 this one might be 4 or 5 and the snake 6 or 7

Obviously stats will be scaled with the unit itself
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok, then i will reduce cooldown of dragon influence and raise stats to have a cost 4 unit. What about now:
New Ideas for stats:
cost:3 (ground/swim) (spells: healing (10), strenghten and Dragon's Influence (Choose a square up to range 5. All friendly units in a 2 area around that point get +3 attack for 2 turns, and enemy units in same area get -3 attack for 2 turns. Cooldown 3.))
Hp 17
Atk 4
Arm/p.arm 1/1
Speed 3 (move cost at water: 2, except if swim tech has been researched)
Sight 5
Is it good?

EDIT: Raised cooldown.
Last edited by Skelegonsans on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I didn't read the spell. It seems a bit strong. If you only gave a bonus it would br ok but this way you are both buffing your units and debuffing others. I would make a longer cooldown or i would rethink the spell a bit
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I agree
Epic Gamer Moment!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Its just for 2 turns. Besides, the attack increase/decrease is not that high, nor is the aoe very big. But indeed, i think a cooldown of 3 or maybe even 4 is better. (I prefer 3.)
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i agree
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Scalefolk Units, Buildings”