Leviathan — ARCHIVED

Elrond

Leviathan — ARCHIVED

Post by Elrond »

Desc: Abomination of the world. Ragnarok death of the Gods.
Trains: deepsea lair(sea tile) ,temple (have coastal line) , tc (have coastal line)
Water, giant
Cost:9
Hp:400
Atk:100
Rng:1
Sight:7
Spd:5(4 plain,forest, mountain)
Arm:0
P.arm:2
Res:50%
Action : 1
Carry units : 1
Bonuses:+50 (ship) (water)
Abilities:
Out reach: +50 anti air 2 range
Flood the land tile : 1 adjacent land tile become sea tile
Savra

Re: Leviathan

Post by Savra »

It's already been suggested, look in scaledfolks topic.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6747&start=360
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

Savra wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:39 am It's already been suggested, look in scaledfolks topic.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6747&start=360
Savra please direct me to leviathan details. I tried to do a search to your thread for leviathan keyword but none exist. Btw please be noted the technology "dragon reach" is not working. Please check is a bug or not.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Leviathan must be water only unit. No speed on any land tiles;
2. I'd say hp is too high and must be reduced a bit down to 340;
3. Attack is for sure a bit too high and must be reduced. Better to reduce it down to 80;
4. No carry capacity;
5. No bonuses (sea serpent of elves also does not have any) but "Can hit flying";
6. Flood land is not impossible, indeed, but for now will be out of question since it is too gamechanging ability;
7. Spell resist must be lowered down to 20%;
8. Armor and p.armor must be 10/10;
9. Cost will be kept 9.

Later it will get several abilities:
Whirlpool — summons neutral whirlpool at target place, whirlpool has several auras which reduce speed of nearby ships and amphibians, deal damage to them and distract, sea beasts like sea serpent and leviathan, turtlemen and mermen as well as undeads (except ships) are immune to it;
Tidal wave — aoe attack with water element;
Rage of the Leviathan — for 1 turn will give improved stats.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:53 am 1. Leviathan must be water only unit. No speed on any land tiles;
2. I'd say hp is too high and must be reduced a bit down to 340;
3. Attack is for sure a bit too high and must be reduced. Better to reduce it down to 80;
4. No carry capacity;
5. No bonuses (sea serpent of elves also does not have any) but "Can hit flying";
6. Flood land is not impossible, indeed, but for now will be out of question since it is too gamechanging ability;
7. Spell resist must be lowered down to 20%;
8. Armor and p.armor must be 10/10;
9. Cost will be kept 9.

Later it will get several abilities:
Whirlpool — summons neutral whirlpool at target place, whirlpool has several auras which reduce speed of nearby ships and amphibians, deal damage to them and distract, sea beasts like sea serpent and leviathan, turtlemen and mermen as well as undeads (except ships) are immune to it;
Tidal wave — aoe attack with water element;
Rage of the Leviathan — for 1 turn will give improved stats.
5. No bonuses (sea serpent of elves also does not have any) but "Can hit flying"; what is the stat from 80dps against Saurian skyslasher 58 hp. If no anti flyer bonus flyer only get 1 dps instead of 80 dps.
6. Flood land is not impossible, indeed, but for now will be out of question since it is too gamechanging ability; how about flood the land ability just temporary flood for 2 turns on the land
7. Spell resist must be lowered down to 20%; hence easy to be mind control sudden switch side I doubt leviathan is so weak on that.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

6. I think this is not Possible to json, and far more impossible if it was a terrain with a timed effect.

7. As far as i know, only 1 unit was planned to have conversion, and that was the UD banshee possess ability. So i don't know what you are saying. Elves will also get a conversion ability, but it can only be casted on Animals. E.g. Neutral Deer, Unicorn etc. I won't count this.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

5. as i mentioned this unit will get spec action "can hit flying" thus will be able to deal full damage to flying units as if they were land ones for it. Orcish giants for example can hit flying units for full damage without bonuses to any flying unit.
6. temporary is impossible engine wise.
7. the thing is "mind control" spells in this game will be only 3 (two will be added later) and all of them except fear will be very limited - possession of banshee will be able to convert humanoid creatures only. plants, animals, beasts, dragons will be immune to it. Convert ability of elves planned will be able to convert only animals, not beasts like sea serpent or leviathan. Fear is just debuffing spell. As for other spells - they must be able to target it - why for example disarmor, curse, slowing, weakness or blinded must not affect it? Is it some sort of anti-caster unit? Inquisitor maybe? or Elite unit like imperials with exceptional anti-magic armor? No. Than why it should have high spell resist?

About spell resist in general, for future suggestions:
Normal units must not have it higher than 20% when maxed (thus humans who have techs to increase spell resist can't have any at base), casters, elite units or some anti-caster units can have higher but up to 50% when maxed. Higher spell resist will be allowed only for anti-caster specialized units from subs.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, I would like to add one additional thing, being that main scaledfolks race are getting gatorman and turtleman units (additional non giant turtlefolk), I will probably stick this in with the serpentine sub, since it's a "god of the sea", probably would fit alongside the nagas in that sub.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Btw, stats, with make changes, will do fine.

The units name was probably spelled differently, and you would have had to scroll a lot just to find it so here's the image to save time.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Scalefolk Units, Buildings”