dwarf tower range — ARCHIVED

Huttensohn

dwarf tower range — ARCHIVED

Post by Huttensohn »

I don't know where this belongs, but I think there should be at least some way to upgrade the range of dwarven towers. The range of the orc and the human tower is upgradeable, so is the range of archers sitting in elf towers.

Is this intentional? I tried the barrel, the cannon and the ranged upgrades.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
makazuwr32

Re: dwarf tower range

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is not intentional, dwarven tower is not ready yet apart from i suppose image.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

I feel the bone tower and bone walls should be affected by the skeleton upgrades (not armour upgrades).

Anyway, I feel the dwarven tower could make use of the cannon and range upgrades, but we should remove it's burning weapon and change the projectiles to cannon balls. We could give dwarves a fire crossbowmen or a kind of flamer.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

it will be changed indeed later, when we finally will continue working on dwarves specifically.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that, later, arrow based towers will have a +2 to range through techs, while gunpowder based towers might get an extra +4. Since the race is still under construction that have been left in the to-do list though.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

Thanks for the answer. at the moment, I have the feeling that it is an imbalance, but the race has still the UC label, so.

I also have the feeling that they need one other source of fire. I don't know how you play dwarves, but for me, the towers are quite essential!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

They will have rune of fire on many of their units that will work as burning weapon for single turn (when you used it).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

that would do
Savra

Post by Savra »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm They will have rune of fire on many of their units that will work as burning weapon for single turn (when you used it).
We could make a rune Smith that could apply runes that give structures permanent burning weapon but it can't be stacked with other weapon runes.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Rune smith as i remember would provide bonus stats runes (like bonus attack, bonus armor and such). Ofc not permanent but stackable with other runes.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

We could still make some sort of rune user who focuses on enhancing your structures with special runes making them more efficient. Mainly fortifications.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Savra wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:52 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm They will have rune of fire on many of their units that will work as burning weapon for single turn (when you used it).
We could make a rune Smith that could apply runes that give structures permanent burning weapon but it can't be stacked with other weapon runes.
I think that it would be easyer to do that either through skills or a transformation ability.
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”