Dwarf goat chariot — ARCHIVED

makazuwr32

Re: Dwarf goat chariot

Post by makazuwr32 »

Lancer for slayers will be fine as well.
Yes slayers will be purely offencive, even MORE than minotaurs.

For defenders i do not see reason still for lancer. At least for land one. Alas i want to give for both slayers and defenders some flying units as well so think that way. Defenders' one will be somewhat similar to imperial gryphon though, not to imperial lancer.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Flying one will work as well.

We could use hippogriffs, or we could pick out of this list of griffon's I found.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Or this:

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Btw we might have a rhino-like rider for defender's lancers, but anyway I feel that such a unit should act more like a hybrid siege one.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

It seems to me that dwarfs should not have flying animals, they should replace flying structures such as mini helicopters, airships and balloons. As it was written, not all units must be copies of each other.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I agree on that. I think we might give something different (maybe) to slayers, but in general dwarves should go for technology.
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Gyrocopters and other technologies also will be there as well.
Flying mounts do not exclude advanced mechanical units (especially flying ones) and vise versa.

I think that for slayers as flying mount we can use manticoras.
For defenders i need to search a bit.

Hippogriffs i think were reserved for new moon elves.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Like a wooly rihno?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The fact is that in my opinion dwarfs are a race living underground or inside mountains, under such conditions I do not think that they would raise and tame any flying animals, especially manticores. Also, in my opinion, dwarfs are not fans of extreme flights. If they took off, it would only be on proven slow air structures on which you can stand with your feet (in my imagination).

As for the manticores, in my opinion, they are very rare and very strong creatures (almost like dragons) who usually act as treasure guards alone. As far as I know, manticores are myths originally from Greece, and dwarfs are a Scandinavian myth.

Of all the proposed flying animals, only the flying boars proposed by Savra seemed suitable to me.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Anchar wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:59 pm The fact is that in my opinion dwarfs are a race living underground or inside mountains, under such conditions I do not think that they would raise and tame any flying animals, especially manticores. Also, in my opinion, dwarfs are not fans of extreme flights. If they took off, it would only be on proven slow air structures on which you can stand with your feet (in my imagination).

As for the manticores, in my opinion, they are very rare and very strong creatures (almost like dragons) who usually act as treasure guards alone. As far as I know, manticores are myths originally from Greece, and dwarfs are a Scandinavian myth.

Of all the proposed flying animals, only the flying boars proposed by Savra seemed suitable to me.
1. Manticores are underground creatures;
2. I can't see manticores comparable to dragons. Maybe at most to drakes. Also manticores are slower than other flyers (maybe speed 4 or 5 for them).
3. We will later make 2 types of flying units: normal flyers and high flyers. Normal flyers will act same as they are now while high flyers will be able to pass through all objects but will do 1 damage in melee to land units. And ofc dwarves will not have high flying mounts.
4. Flying boars sounds like giant midgets. Definately no for naming - we need actual flying mythological (or real) creatures, not just random animal with surgically implanted wings.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Actually @makazuwr32, flying boars are a mythical creature from the same mythology as the Pegasus actually.

It was called a Chrysaor, and both it and the Pegasus are from Greek mythology.
Savra

Post by Savra »

However, in regards to the manticore, I don't see anything wrong with dwarves having it in this setting as in AOF all these mythological creatures are in the same world meaning each race has access to them if they can get to them and tame them. Elves themselves have a few creatures that aren't even from the same mythology as them too, so nothing wrong with dwarves doing the same.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Savra wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:50 am Actually makazuwr32, flying boars are a mythical creature from the same mythology as the Pegasus actually.

It was called a Chrysaor, and both it and the Pegasus are from Greek mythology.
I meant only actual naming. If you find suitable name than i see no problem. Just "Flying boar rider" naming for unit soulds horribly painful.

This way we can end with something like "flying elephant rider" or "flying dolphin rider".
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I meant that it is almost comparable in strength and rarity to a dragon.

For the first time I hear that manticores live in dungeons, as far as I know this is a hybrid of lions and scorpions, and they both live in hot climatic places such as the desert or savannah, and dwarfs rather in the cold climate of the mountains. I would like manticores to be added to the game, but for dwarfs they will look strange in my opinion.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Anchar wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:05 am I meant that it is almost comparable in strength and rarity to a dragon.

For the first time I hear that manticores live in dungeons, as far as I know this is a hybrid of lions and scorpions, and they both live in hot climatic places such as the desert or savannah, and dwarfs rather in the cold climate of the mountains. I would like manticores to be added to the game, but for dwarfs they will look strange in my opinion.
I am not insisting on using actual manticores as mounts for dwarves.
I just find that among list of mystical flying creatures they are only free and can fit dwarves. Some agile creatures like hippogriffs won't fit dwarves — they neew some creature of raw power.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Jerfoxman

Post by Jerfoxman »

Maybe some kind of tech that puts wings to a animal?
Don't work smart work intelligent
Savra

Post by Savra »

We could always make it into our own style of manticore, like a sabrecore or something, basically replace the lion side with a sabretooth side, no one says we can't make our own.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Jerfoxman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm Maybe some kind of tech that puts wings to a animal?
Definately no. Unless this tech will cost 500-1000 turns.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Say, do we still have that manticore image @General Brave made a while back in the beast clans topic? I looked and noticed it wasn't there.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

It seems to me that what they began to discuss here should be discussed in a general topic for dwarfs, instead of the topic of a goat cart.
Savra

Post by Savra »

True, let's carry this over there then.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived.
Sabrecore defenders and wooly rhinos are a thing.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”