Dwarven steam train — ANSWERED

Keshanius

Dwarven steam train — ANSWERED

Post by Keshanius »

Rails
Something like tonnel, with same cost and pierce armor but 10 hp, can be build at the ground not forest

Dwarven steam train
Cost: 4 or 5
Hp: 70
Attack: 10, completely like riflman(bonuses etc)
Armor: 4
P armor: 7
Range: 7
Sight: 8
Speed: 7
Action Turn: 2
Max Load: 3, shooters can shoot
Builders:craftsmans guild, kingdom under the mountain
Description: Both carrying and war unit, but can move only by rails, tonnels and dwarven bridges
Special abilities:
Big cannon, fire like war zeppelin, cooldown 3
Ram: train pass 3 squares straight and then destroy a building in front of it or deal a greate damage to a unit or a great building, trample, cooldown 3

Big units have bonuses against it, is attacked by enemies before rails
makazuwr32

Re: Dwarven steam train

Post by makazuwr32 »

No.
1. It will be really hard (or even nearly impossible) to code train as unit thay can move on rails. And if it can move without than why do i need to make rails then?
2. Low cost. Too low for that.
3. "Units inside can shoot". For such stats it is op. Worse combo for balancing can't be imagined.
4. Speed is too high.
5. Too good abilities. Way too good.
6. 2 actions/turn. Jsut another "no".

That is why i don't like this.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:08 pm No.
1. It will be really hard (or even nearly impossible) to code train as unit thay can move on rails. And if it can move without than why do i need to make rails then?
2. Low cost. Too low for that.
3. "Units inside can shoot". For such stats it is op. Worse combo for balancing can't be imagined.
4. Speed is too high.
5. Too good abilities. Way too good.
6. 2 actions/turn. Jsut another "no".

That is why i don't like this.
Well, as i don't go in depth i don't like this either.
Way too OP
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That sounds nice once we be able to change Terrain with units.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

This is not terrain affected unit.
It is able to move only in structures "rails".

And this is hard to code.
As for stats they are not for 4-5 or even 6 turns. They are at least for 10 turn unit. Or more.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It is psbl to jsonize it, give train no terrain to move,

Then set for bridges and tunnels as well as producing buildings trncarrierRemovesTerrainDrawbacks as true
Last edited by godOfKings on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Not if the object in case gives out a Aura that causes the train to move, but it probably mean we must have a station for it to be built. Meaning the only problem it's will get out but it will get stuck if it leaves the rails. Unless we have a new action like cannot allow unit out, it would be the opposite of letting in.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 pm It is psbl to jsonize it, give train no terrain to move,

Then set for bridges and tunnels as well as producing buildings trncarrierRemovesTerrainDrawbacks as true
That should work perhaps.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The train won't b able to get out if it cannot move on any terrain, it will only move in structures that can carry it as well as has the above condition true, also rails should b like tc so that train gets damaged, also if tunnel or bridge is destroyed train will die too
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Except for the abilities, I think it is pretty balanced considering how difficult it is for workers to build so many rails

Just destroy two rails on two side and it will b stuck forever

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Maybe but still it will be hard to implement rail-exclusive unit that won't be able to move anywhere aside from bridge-like rails.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Either it should be a powerful weapon or a pretty fast transport.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

it is already psbl to code the same way a land moving wagon can move on water moving transport ships and bridges, these carriers remove terrain drawbacks, this case a not moving anywhere train will b able to move on rails, tunnels and bridges. it is quite ez to implement

this is a pretty fast and strong transport with high range to make up for lack of mobility, will b useful in large maps i think

it could b great substitute of wagons for dwarves and make them unique

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

another problem here is that dwarves have already flying transport - Zeppelin carrier (similar stats to wagons but with doubled hp and flying; they are also buildable by workers) that makes them best at transporting large groups through maps. And soon they (i hope) will get first amphibious self defending transport as well.
other races have only wagons in meantime so i don't want to give dwarves even more and faster moving variants of transport.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

dont forget this transport is tanky and units inside can atk, that alone makes it a viable substitute, and also it cannot b built by any worker, craftsman guild or kingdom must have rail/tunnel connected to it to move

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm...
Fast tanky self defending wagon-like unit in which your units can attack from inside.
Sounds like COMPLETELY OP TRANSPORT for race that has already Best transport.

Definately no.
Even if it needs special tiles for moving.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Trains seems a bit off thematic for dwarfs(for game in general - is medieval and not industrial revolution) .

And Yes train it's op and unnecessary cos flying and tank - what relative already too advanced.

And now a steam train. This line is already not in balance whit other races technology although they live in same universd dwarf are completely steampunk and a bit magic, rest work with wood and rocks.
Huge rift with centuries behind.
Don't force even more.
Eg in a Warcaft is working cos not only dwarf have technical advancement but every race in own way.

Rails Sistem may better for aoWW.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Answered.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”