Dwarf missing textings IMPLEMENTED

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Dwarf missing textings IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

These all needs nice texting in this form, please someone try to write them
(dont forget the red part in the flavour texting)

proper form:
<string name="TECH_ORC_GOBLIN_GRENADE">Goblin grenade</string>
<string name="TECH_TXT_ORC_GOBLIN_GRENADE">This tech will equip every goblin with a set of hand grenades. Normally the user would handle them with care to avoid being hit from its own bomb but goblin aren\'t normal nor careful and are always caught in the explosion. </string>

the list:
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN_SHIELDED",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_KINGDOM_UNDER_THE_MOUNTAIN",
"UNIT_DWARF_MITHRIL_GUARD",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARVEN_TUNNEL",
"UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_DWARVEN_BARRACK",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_BILLMAN",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_CROSSBOWS",
"UNIT_DWARF_ZEPPELIN_CARRIER",
"UNIT_DWARF_DRAFNES_ZEPPELIN",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_CRAFTSMANS_GUILD",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_TAVERN",
"UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_RUNE_MASON",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR",
"UNIT_DWARF_BOAR_RIDER",
"UNIT_DWARF_HEAVY_BOAR_RIDER",
"UNIT_DWARF_MASTER_BOAR_RIDER",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_ALCHEMIST",
"UNIT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC",

"TECH_DWARF_HEAVY_BOAR_RIDER",
"TECH_DWARF_MASTER_BOAR_RIDER",
Skelegonsans

Re: Dwarf missing textings

Post by Skelegonsans »

I think I can do that, I'll try and think of good descriptions for each one. I'll give it a shot.
I understand how to do this, but I don't exactally know JSONing though, so I'll just make a text file with the strings in the form you presented here and you can put them directly into a JSON, if that's ok with you.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes that is very good! thanks!

i suggest posting the first few so i can make comment if u need to modify the format.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Then how about that :)

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER">Dwarven worker</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER">Dwarven workers are very hardy and intelligent. They are capable of building the most complex and efficient buildings, garrisons and war machines that anyone has ever seen.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND">Shooting stand</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND">The place where crafty dwarves devise special, powerful ranged weapons powered by a black powder called "gunpowder", and train in its use.</string>

Is that right?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

seems good! go on! thanks!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Right, I'm on it. I should have a finished list with nice descriptions ready by later today or tomorrow. :D
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Is this done or am I supposed to do it?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have not yet received it - idk the status either.
thanks.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Finally got my internet back, I suppose I can do this.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I'm sorry, I didn't have as much free time as I imagined I'd have :,)

I'm actually almost done, but I'm working slowly on it. Again I'm sorry
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So should I let you do this?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I can get this done by tomorrow morning I'm sure, as I'm about to go to sleep now. I've already made Daniel wait enough so tomorow morning first thing I do when I wake up is finish this. I'm literally only missing some 5-6 units. I'll get them done this time, don't worry
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That's good, I'm working on the scaledfolk.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I'm finished! here are all the texts. And sorry to make you wait. :D

If you need a text file instead, just say the word.

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER">Dwarven worker</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER">Dwarven workers are very hardy and intelligent. They are capable of building the most complex and efficient buildings, garrisons and war machines that anyone has ever seen.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND">Shooting stand</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND">The place where crafty dwarves devise special, powerful ranged weapons powered by a black powder called "gunpowder", and train in its use.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN">Dwarven rifleman</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN">A very powerful ranged unit exclusive to Dwarves, these are amongst the very few dwarves trained to use the so-called "rifles", which are powerful enough to bring the hardiest fighter down in a single shot most of the times. They are also able to deploy a shield to act as a barricade, but they can't move while the shield is deployed.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN_SHIELDED">Dwarven rifleman (shielded)</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN_SHIELDED">A very powerful ranged unit exclusive to Dwarves, these are amongst the very few dwarves trained to use the so-called "rifles", which are powerful enough to bring the hardiest fighter down in a single shot most of the times. They are also able to deploy a shield to act as a barricade, but they can't move while the shield is deployed. This one has its shield deployed</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_KINGDOM_UNDER_THE_MOUNTAIN">Kingdom under the mountain</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_KINGDOM_UNDER_THE_MOUNTAIN">It's just what the name suggests - a huge city composed of tunnels dug through a mountain. It is an incredibly hard to breach fortification, and a huge defensive asset.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_MITHRIL_GUARD">Mithril guard</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_MITHRIL_GUARD">A hardy warrior bearing arms and armor made of pure mithril, they can overwhelm most opponents with their amazing attack and defensive capabilities.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARVEN_TUNNEL">Dwarven tunnel</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARVEN_TUNNEL">Dug through the mountains, the dwarves' tunnels are great both for quick travelling and as defensive structures in the occasion of an enemy attack.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER">Bear rider</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER">Some dwarves have managed to tame the wild bears that live near the mountains they inhabit, and use them as a cavalry of sorts. Bears may not be as fast as horses but are definitely more resilient and deadly.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER">Dwarven defender</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER">This dwarf is clad in the finest mithril armor that can be found anywhere. This unit's resilience is astounding, and it will take considerable effort to take it down, making it the ideal frontline for the Dwarves.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_DWARVEN_BARRACK">Dwarven barrack</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_DWARVEN_BARRACK">Where the dwarven warriors train and sharpen both their skills and their axes to become formidable fighters.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_BILLMAN">Dwarven billman</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_BILLMAN">It's hard for dwarves to use spears due to their stocky body, but some of them manage to masted the use of spears and act as the main anti-cavalry unit for Dwarves.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_CROSSBOWS">Dwarven crossbowman</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_CROSSBOWS">Dwarves aren't very masterful of the use of bows. However they make up for that by using a very crafty invention called the "crossbow" that is much easier to use than a regular bow and has just about the same power and range.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_ZEPPELIN_CARRIER">Zeppelin carrier</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_ZEPPELIN_CARRIER">The zeppelin is a marvelous machine invented by the dwarves that is capable of true flight and able to transport their soldiers from one point to another much quicker than it would take to go by foot.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DRAFNES_ZEPPELIN">Drafnes zeppelin</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DRAFNES_ZEPPELIN">The zeppelin is a marvelous machine invented by the dwarves that is capable of true flight and also able to act as a very powerful air assault unit if armed properly.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_CRAFTSMANS_GUILD">Craftsmans guild</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_CRAFTSMANS_GUILD">A place high in Dwarven society, the guild is a powerful force behind the Dwarven empire. With a multitude of trades under its command and its perfection of stonework, it is a staple in any Dwarven city.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_TAVERN">Tavern</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_TAVERN">Where you can find both brawls and ale in high quantity.</string>

<string name="UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_RUNE_MASON">Rune mason</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_BUILDING_DWARF_RUNE_MASON">A building where the dwarven runesmiths create and implement runes to the dwarves' weapons and armor.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR">Dwarven warrior</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR">The backbone of any dwarven infantry force, these warriors may not be the strongest or fastest, but they are definitely the hardiest, and their weapons and armor are of incredible quality.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_BOAR_RIDER">Boar rider</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_BOAR_RIDER">Nobody knows how they do it, but some dwarves manage to supress the aboslute wildness of the boars that live in the mountains close to their underground kingdoms, and tame them to use as a cavalry of sorts. Boars are quick and strong and can carry even an armored dwarf without too much difficulty.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_HEAVY_BOAR_RIDER">Heavy boar rider</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_HEAVY_BOAR_RIDER">Both dwarf and boar have been further trained and received better weapons and armor, making them an even stronger unit.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_MASTER_BOAR_RIDER">Master boar rider</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_MASTER_BOAR_RIDER">Being at the pinnacle of training shape, and possesing the most powerful weapons and armor they can wield, just the sight of a charging Master boar rider is often enough to frighten away enemies.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST">Dwarf priest</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST">Some dwarves, deciding to spread the teachings of their gods, take up the role of Priests - a very sacred and respected role in Dwarves society. They heal the wounded, and are not bad fighters themselves.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_ALCHEMIST">Dwarven alchemist</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARVEN_ALCHEMIST">The alchemists are a very special caste of dwarves. They do research and experiment with weird substances and can use them to make powerful concoctions that have a variety of effects, which can be very helpful on a battle situation.</string>

<string name="UNIT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC">Dwarf cleric</string>
<string name="UNIT_TXT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC">Priests that go through a special ritual are named Clerics and receive more training on both the teachings of their gods and their fighting capabilities. They relentlessly chase the heretics to bring them to the gods' justice.</string>
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you are awesome! thanks!

will be in in next update!
Skelegonsans

Re: Dwarf missing textings IMPLEMENTED

Post by Skelegonsans »

Hope the descriptions are good. Glad to have helped :D

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”