Structure: Dwarf Guard Tower IMPLEMENTED

makazuwr32

Re: Structure: Dwarf Guard Tower IMPLEMENTED

Post by makazuwr32 »

@Stratego (dev)

Dwarven guard tower doesn't need any range/damage/actions/hp changes. At all.

Instead it needs only higher armor and lower mend and construction rates so it won't be so spammable.

If lower its construction and mend rates to 100% from current 350% and increase armor to 3/6 it will be enough to make them great towers but not too powerful and op.

Also dwarves will gain cannon tower with high range and damage (for now i am thinking about current aos cannon tower stats). So no need for 2 high range towers.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:41 pm @Stratego (dev)

Dwarven guard tower doesn't need any range/damage/actions/hp changes. At all.

Instead it needs only higher armor and lower mend and construction rates so it won't be so spammable.

If lower its construction and mend rates to 100% from current 350% and increase armor to 3/6 it will be enough to make them great towers but not too powerful and op.

Also dwarves will gain cannon tower with high range and damage (for now i am thinking about current aos cannon tower stats). So no need for 2 high range towers.
Changed range to 5, action to 2, armor to 3/6, const. and mend bonus to 2 from current 4.5.

By the way makazuwr u need to understand that 100% bonus in game is double the mend rate, and 0% bonus means will b mended at same rate as worker's base mend rate

And I don't know wat is dwarf worker's base mend rate just that it will repair and build tower at double mend rate
Attachments
unit_building_dwarf_guard_tower.json
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok it will be in in next update.
godofkings: please use the new assetpack (the one usent in prev. post was the old way of "image map") here is the latest attached.
Attachments
unit_building_dwarf_guard_tower.json
(3.55 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

ok
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I know that, @godOfKings. Even without learning jsoning i know already some difficult moments and how to fix them. And when i am calculating things i also include all: mend rate of workers (current, possible), amount of actions, possible buffs, health of building...

As for tower reasons for those changes are next:

1. Dwarves have best workers among all races. Even base ones. And they could previously construct this tower for 1 turn if you had 3 basic workers and start 2nd so it was really easily spammable. To prevent that we need lower mend and construction rates for tower.

2. For now in tower battles humans, elves and orcs have range advantage over dwarves and can easily outrange dwarven defences with their own. And i want to keep this. Ofc dwarves later will get more costly and more powerful long-ranged tower but again it will be more costly and less healthy.

3. To compensate loss in construction rate we need increase in armor for this tower so it won't be easily destroyed by few elven archers or orc warriors.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol Ur reply was VERY LATE :lol: u should check latest version of dwarf guard tower in game and just tell me if anything else needed to balance stats, I only gave a reminder on mend bonus mechanism that's all.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No. If you put as it was and just added armor and lowered mend rate than it is fine.

I just mentioned reasons for those changes i suggested.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”