Put here if you faced a crash.
Give as detailed info about it as possible
- how can you reproduce it,
- what is the error message
- which map
Tancred

Game Crashing All Week FIXED

Post by Tancred »

I have been playing the game on my chromebook forever, but beginning this week, it crashes every time I open it. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times, but it keeps crashing after I start a game, close the game, or app, and then try to restart a skirmish or scenario.

Any help with this would be great! Haven't played the game all week, and going through withdrawal!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Game Crashing All Week

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hi!

which game version u have?
from google play?
and exactly where it is crashing? what u do right before crash?

check this topic we were / are struggling with this.
https://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic ... 22&t=10585

so if this is the problem you need to update the Webview app on your device.
there are many many posts about this Google bug they made in WebView
Tancred

Post by Tancred »

So sorry, in my own little world in my first post. I am playing Age of Strategy, the latest version one can download of it from the Google play store since the first thing I tried was a uninstall/reinstall, to no avail.. It started with the general Android app bug that popped up around March 22, though that doesn't mean the two are related.
This is what transpires: I create a skirmish game, but once I close out and try to open the save game, the game crashes immediately. I can re-open the game, but it shuts down again if I try to open a save game or create a new skirmish gane.

I love the game! Thanks to all who help develop it! Haven't played in 5 days and having withdrawals, lol

Also, thank you in advance for your assistance. I posted a problem once before, way back when, and it was fixed right away. That is impressive and most appreciated !
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please email me so we talk faster. (developer email)

also write me / send me screenshot exactly which screen which button u press before crash (was not clear sorry)
also do u have a question on next run to send me crash report? if so please send me that too.

daniel
Tancred

Post by Tancred »

I just tried it on my android phone, and it does not appear to be happening, so only on the chromebook. Been very happy that it works on a chromebook, by the way.

I can't send a devcat or screen shot as it crashes after I click to open a previously saved skirmish game. I single click to reopen a game and it crashes right away, with a single click it freezes and crashes.
Tancred

Post by Tancred »

Removed Android Webview and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks so much.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Game Crashing All Week FIXED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds good.
however i hate how google did this thing...

Return to “Crashes”