Gorgon

Skelegonsans

Gorgon

Post by Skelegonsans »

EDIT: Changed the stats as agreed down there.

Statwise, it is a more powerful basilisk that can also cast spells and even wield a bow. (Multi-talented unit. Obviously costy.)
I'm actually doubty if this unit is REALLY scaledfolk, cuz its half-human. Ill leave it here anyways.
Im also doubty if scaledfolk should have another unit that can petrify. Maybe more than 1 is op... tell me what u think.

Gorgon (or Medusa, if you'd like.) (Cost: 7 / Ground) (Can use: Curse (we will change it to the petrifying spell once someone can code it), Poison Breath and Slowing.)
Hp 35
Atk 12 (Poison attack.)
Range 6
Arm./p.arm. 1/1
Speed 4
Sight 5
Description: Half woman and half serpent, this creature is extremely powerful and deadly. It shoots poison arrows with its bow, can cast several debuff spells, and can petrify any who look at her eyes.

Is it good? Maybe too op? (If so raise cost to 8/9)
Last edited by Skelegonsans on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Midonik

Re: Gorgon

Post by Midonik »

Idea is good.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

What everyone else think?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that we should see the basilisk first. It is going to be already very powerful. A gorgon might be stronger in combat but being less strong at petrifying
Age of Fantasy design leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Actually, if u think at it, the basilisk will not be THAT good. Every race (except for undead) has healing units, not to mention that the cooldown for petrifying only 1 enemy is 5. So its not that op. Besides, the basilisk is only good for petrifying; his stats are bad and even if u try to poison an enemy with it, closing the basilisk to melee range might kill it.
The gorgon, however, is a multi versatile unit. It has a bow, poison attack, great spells, and the ever-useful petrifying gaze. Not to mention its cost is high, so having many of them is very hard.
But if u REALLY think that petrifying will be that op, we can raise basilisk's cost to 4 (and slightly better stats) and raise gorgon's cost to 8 to avoid overuse of petrifying. Im fine with both of these choices. (Though i think it should stay as it is.)
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

What everyone else think?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Medusa.png
Medusa.png (1.02 KiB) Viewed 3985 times
There she is!
Im not coming. Im impending
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Colored by me.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

LordOfAles wrote:Colored by me.
You also added quiver
Im not coming. Im impending
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

This could work.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Yes, but now that I look at this again, I think she's too weak for cost 7. Probably increase hp, attack and/or range. Maybe like this:
Hp 35
Attack 12 (Poison attack)
Range 6
(+50% damage vs. infantry)
And she will also obviously be affected by ranged techs made by the player (like increase damage / range for archers), if scaledfolk will have any.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I thought she could petrified the enemy?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

she can, the things I didn't mention are still the same. she still has petrification (choose a direction out of 4 and the closest visible enemy in the chosen direction gets petrified (works like curse but is only removed with healing magic))
if that effect for petrifying is too complicate though, just make it like a regular curse spell instead
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I can't do the line thing, other than that I could do maybe the rest.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Well, let's leave petrification for later then I guess. :? It's a cool concept but we can wait to implement it later. I guess a regular curse spell will do for now since the effects are similar, until we can get someone that can do the petrification thing.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So where should this be built?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

How about snake's pit? She is snake-like after all. But maybe it's too op.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Snake pit sounds just about right. Could be in Temple too since it's unique unit.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Is this gonna get implemented anytime soon? I think this unit is cool. Of course the priority for scaledfolks rn is the balancing and whatnot, but a few new units won't hurt I guess.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Just put accepted by me, I have to finish all the balancing.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ey, nice. :)
ethanking5

Gorgon units

Post by ethanking5 »

Gorgon swordsman
Cost 4
Hp25
Attack 12
Speed 3
Sight3
Recruitment tc
Special ability petrify an enemy unit and it loses next turn cooldown 3
Gorgon Archer
Cost 5
Hp 12
Attack 15
Speed 4
Sight 4
Recruitment tc
Special ability petrify an enemy unit and it loses next turn cooldown 3
Gorgon pikeman
Cost 3
Hp18
Attack 12
Speed 3
Sight 3
Recruitment town center
Special ability petrify an enemy unit and it loses next turn
Embrace the darkness
Alexander82

Re: Gorgon units

Post by Alexander82 »

Gorgon was already suggested. Please search the board before opening new posts.
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Scaledfolk”