HP: 40

Attack: 9

Range: 1

Armor: 0

Piercing Armor: 0

Speed: 3

Sight: 4

Spell resist: 50%

Abilities : Create Illusion ( The Illusion can be every unit from scaledfolk. But the Illusion has 0 Attack and 1 Hp. Furthermore the Illusion has the same speed like the original unit. ) Chance 130% Range 3 Timeout Instant Cooldown 3

Ambush

P.S If it is possible some units should get the skill to see "through" illusions. In other words they should recognize if a unit is an illusion. And some units can enchant other units to see through illusions.
makazuwr32

Re: Kobold Illusionist

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not sure if it is possible mechanically to implement such "illusions".

@Stratego (dev) is it possible?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

seems intersting
- we can make an ability to spwn a specific unit looking fake unit
- it can have different stats as originial unit
- but if enemy clicks on this unit he will see it is a 0 power unit

if this mean it should "show" the original unit stats than that is not possible currently.

but maybe not that important, eg. 53 real scaledfok unit and a same looking illusion, enemy will not click tru all - or will he? if so than he is wise to, sp i think not hat bad if he sees the illision by clicking on it.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Question here is next:
Can we make illusion of ANY unit without requiring to make jsons for every illusion unit or not?

If not than it will be better to make this as self buff (sort of — illusionist creates fake copy of itself, but in this case we need to give some other abiloties to it).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Can we make illusion of ANY unit without requiring to make jsons for every illusion unit or not?
i think we can not, but i can be wrong... to many options already to know :)

but why is that wrong? a few dedicated units are good imho
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If this unit can make illusion of only specific units and that's it (no extra abilities for unit itself, i do not count ambush, as in first post) than it is not worth that since players who know about it will be able to find enemy illusions very easy — easier than ettin can deal with wolves swarm — and this unit will be worthless.

On other hand if it can make illusion of any unit than it will be worth to train.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it can have 3-4 illusion type not only one
why is "ANY" needed?
should be enough if we can select 3-4 to make 3-4 ability buttons for the ollusionist and he will cast the one that is best for (i mean that fits so it can be believed it is real)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

As i mentioned above good player will know what to expect from opponent including illusions of specific units. And if you know what to expect from opponent you can prepare and make that useless.

And i doubt that those specific illusions for set amount of units will be useful anyway. Even if they will be copies of dragons.

I see only 2 ways how illusions may be useful:
1. Illusion can take shape of ANY unit —this way you really can surprise your enemy since he can't know on whom you will use illusion;
2. Illusion of self caster — in this case we need to give this unit proper list of abilities since self illusion alone is not good. But illusion of self caster if this caster if for example warmage of humans will be really powerful and helpful.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

And i doubt that those specific illusions for set amount of units will be useful anyway. Even if they will be copies of dragons.
I see only 2 ways how illusions may be useful:
1. Illusion can take shape of ANY unit —this way you really can surprise your enemy since he can't know on whom you will use illusion;
i disagree,
1. we dont need to prepare for "good" players always, we already got complaints game being hard as things prepare for pro-s, there are other rookie players too - also a good player also feel cool if he figured out the enemy illusion - so only good vibes in that imho on all players.
2. you literally say that 20 units is good but onl 3 is not, i just say yes that is less but not useless.
also there is the problem of level ups, if units are levelled up than the logic will spawn a not levelled up version of the unit - naturally if those unit not levellable than no problem.
also what you say making ANY unit, is not possible, not even a little negine modification but about a new engine :)

i think the idea is good, i would make 3-6 very common units being able to cast as illusion, and it would be fun to play
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For "good players" i mean who just knows all possible units and that's it.

From my perspective this unit with such idea will not be useful at all. Only as for distraction via summoning fakes with 1 hp to take 1st attacks from enemies. Nothing more.
Fun — maybe, useful — i doubt that since even that fairy is more useful than this will be.

As for "it will be impossible" — in wc3 it is possible so why not?
In heroes 3 and heroes 5 it is possible.
In all 3 games there are ways to make an illusion of literally ANY unit in the game, even if that unit is ridiculously heavy modified and such. For example of any hero from warcraft 3 regardless of level, abilities and items that hero has. You can even make illusion of same hero when he was at level 1, at level 4, at level 10 and at level 50 (for example) with all items they held at the time when illusion was summoned.

Anyway.
Current variant of this unit without actual changes to engine will hardly be anywhere useful.
So better to rethink concept of it instead.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Scaledfolk”