Mines, ummm, this cant be right...

diesel

Mines, ummm, this cant be right...

Post by diesel »

1) am i missing something or are mine carts random? i thought this game stays away from random, dodge is bad enuf

2) how do i activate sulphur/jewel bonuses? tried a few ways but nothing

*** 3) crystal mine: so basically store 6 laborers that can build from inside and get 4 production bonuses on the way? also credit for TC on bldg/castle limit. why?

so technically after update, 1 dwarf TC = infinite bldgs kingdoms and units. combined with infinite acceleration of production. AND you dont need as much space. am i wrong?

i didnt check to see if melee or range units function also because this is just wrong

even if you cap the limit of abandoned mines at *1* the system is taking dwarf play away from tactical planning (Tile Based Strategy game) into micromanagement of production

I'm deeply concerned for my beloved gangstas, they've gone capitalist :cry:
diesel

Re: Mines, ummm, this cant be right...

Post by diesel »

and i know wrong thread, but i got a batttle zep out on turn 9. thats a bit op too. they shouldn't be in foundry. but the excruciatingly slow mortar is now behind a 3 turn tech.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Battle zeppelin is fine in foundry but they are not locked yet behind a tech.

As for minecart:
It is specifically set as random so that part is fine.

Sulphur cart gives bonus attack to gunpowder units.

Jewel cart gives bonus to casters.

Do not understand part about "infinide bldgs kingdoms and units".
You mean that you can get more megas than your limit?

And yes dwarves are supposed to be costly race so mineshafts are their way to speed up production.

We might rethink tech costs by the way to unlock 2nd and 3rd tier of speed up abilities on gold mine.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

zeps) if they get tech lock ok. but right now they should not be buildable from start. there is nothing to counter them in the first 10-15 turns, opponents will get wiped out. in kingdom was perfect timing

3) abandoned mines now fixed i think, plz see discord msg

2) i know the abils but sulphur and gem carts will not apply the bonus to unit in range (button lit, range indicator lit, nothing happens)

1) i thought age of games do not use random elements, i live and play by mathematics. i simply disagree with this choice, its disappointing

and as for dwarves, these increases in production are entertaining but instead of balancing early game, they will give dwarves unnecessary powerful production throughout whole game

i disagree with these choices, i feel it hurts the philosophy of playing dwarf. mid/late game production will be too OP with skilled players. yes dwarves are tech based and slow, but that was not actually the problem (a 2 turn courier cart and 1 turn lame unit would fix early game)

sorry, no offense intended, i am giving my honest opinion on the changes!
diesel

Post by diesel »

yeah I'm feeling forced into mining as a necessity instead of player choice (imperial, warfell, uruk are choices) - freedom of player style. locking mortars, zeps etc behind techs makes it worse

a better alternative would have been transportation. allow dwarf to start planning production from starting point with better choices to transport to battle line

things like enhancing wagons, an upgradable steam locomotive where workers can lay tracks (i have thought a lot about this one), a better flying transport and ships, etc

i can think of many ideas that would not effect all phases of game, but like i said these changes to early game will distort mid and late. it will lead to chaos for new players and dominance to skilled ones

to have behind the line production and technologies to make and move equipment to battle fits dwarven style. the speed of production needs to be slower than other races because when enhanced is quite powerful

and #1 is supporting player options: hmm do i want to concentrate on melee and boars? do i want to mine to spam units or speed up builds? do i want to research mortars from start and try to build tracks or wagons to transport them to battle lines

I'd rather make choices and not be forced to play any race with 1 style, sorry once again my opinion no offense!
diesel

Post by diesel »

im just bummed because i honestly love aof. as a tabletop gamer this is the ONLY computer game i play, plus i can apply tabletop dynamics to playing and making my own

i contribute positively to chat, discord, n forum. i submit campaigns and ideas. i spend countless hours working on my aof rpgs. then after 2 months of saving gems and high expectations i find my favorite race is forcing me play a specific way when so many good options are overlooked

not putting down anyones hard work in making this, but dwarf is simply getting off track and i want to help make it better 😇 ok i vented, im done now.
diesel

Post by diesel »

abandoned mine must have been spotted, doesn't give tc credit anymore (but sent ss on discord to prove im not crazy)

sulphur/gem carts just worked too. but i dont use many casters, and not many early game guns so ended up with some useless carts. why random? game of skill not luck, that used to bother vlad too
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

actually i would prefer to increase cost for gold cart production cost up to 3 turns. But generic money courier is too lame for dwarves (if we replace current production with that at least, as alternative to it that might be fine).
1 turn unit pity dwarf with 25 hp at base (+1 hp over human scout dog!) is planned.

1. Randomness also can be calculated. There is such thing as Statistics.

2. hm will check. might require to add a new category so it will work normally.

3. Abandoned mines are fixed yes.

mining is forced only because dwarves have no alternative.
Later it will not be that forced. For example frostfire clan will be cheaper but without runes and gunpower. Also we always can change cost of techs to unlock 2nd and 3rd ability on gold mine and cost of minecart in gold mine.

Transportation: dwarves indeed will get better transports - 3 Zeppelins, siege engine, gnomish amphibious protective carrier (GAPC) and armored wagon. But in future.
diesel wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:27 pm an upgradable steam locomotive where workers can lay tracks (i have thought a lot about this one)
this one is a no.
we have a problem:
either make a unit that can move through 1 specific "rail"-type tile (or building) - but this will require to build every single tile you want to move through wwith this (too time consuming) - or to allow for train to move through other tiles - than what the point in calling it "train"? Armored wagon is confirmed.

Dwarves are still quite a wip race - in few next updates we will work on rest of air fleet, dwarven casters, dwarven runes for defenders, dwarven naval fleet (list of ships is ready - need stats, images and abilities) and unimplemented abilities for existing units.
diesel wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:44 pm im just bummed because i honestly love aof. as a tabletop gamer this is the ONLY computer game i play, plus i can apply tabletop dynamics to playing and making my own

i contribute positively to chat, discord, n forum. i submit campaigns and ideas. i spend countless hours working on my aof rpgs. then after 2 months of saving gems and high expectations i find my favorite race is forcing me play a specific way when so many good options are overlooked

not putting down anyones hard work in making this, but dwarf is simply getting off track and i want to help make it better 😇 ok i vented, im done now.
That is why i am working on this game, since i came onto this forum.
I do not feel offended because this is argumented position.

We might later add 2 mine carts production into gold mine: 2 turn cost basic courier and 3 turn cost current random production.

By the way. I do not plan my gameplay on luck but on statistics. Every randomness can be calculated and on average you can still count on this randomness. In case of dodges for attackers there is a backdoor in form of bonuses.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

Thank you that actually covers all my fears!

In my haste I fail to remember the game is still growing and evolving - and as I had no idea so much was in works behind the scenes, i had too many worries of game play changing for the worse.

I see your thinking is indeed keeping balance and protecting player experience (this is rare in todays world sadly)

Really excited now for the future of dwarves!

Thank you also for respecting my arguments, I would only speak out if I have logic behind it.

[But for the record, probably and statistics was my least favorite class]
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Its a small game with a small community, cant go EA unless you want literally kill your own game

Return to “Dwarf”