A New Human Faction

dust-n-steel

A New Human Faction

Post by dust-n-steel »

Wer really need a second human faction. I would recommend a Russion-like Tsradom or a faction of desert nomad bandits, another idea would be a faction like Byzantine, a Roman-like empire at it's fall
What color is your flag when it's burning?!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: A New Human Faction

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think another humn race would be cool, I have thouht that often.

Some ideas:

Rename current humans to "human alliance," "human empire," or something. Hey, half the humans have "imperial" in their name...

New race ideas:

outlanders: Based around a more nomadic and barbaric people. Mostly made up of barbarians, bandits, mercenaries, etc. They could favor a less rounded straaegy, and focus mostly on stealth units, mercenary units, and units with spells and such. Woud focus mostly on playing tricks with your opponents.

The Arcane Guild: A guild which focuses mostly on magic. Some units are almost worthless without other types of units to back them up. For instance, they could have super slow golems as their main hevy hitters, but weak summoners to bring them into action. Very weak infantry, but strong spellcasters to give them the buffs that make them stronger than most units.

Men of the West: A more high tech civilization, that focuses on tech invention to be competitive, but have good methods to help early game. Maybe give them strong scout units to help claim tcs, and some spells which help give them the time they need to build up after, like buffed slowing spells.

The Southern Sultantate: An arabic-based faction with very aggresive tendencies that can strike fear into most. Each unit has very strong bonuses. Pikemen are trash, but can almost one-hit imperial knights and the like. Skirmishers that die easily to everything, but can kill archers with ease, archers that can kill most everything in a group attack, but are easily defeated if they do not kill enouh to stay out of range of returning fire, etc. A race with many weaknesses, but just as many strengths.

Just some ideas
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Mind if I add mine to the mix?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Some Very good ideas.
General Brave wrote:Mind if I add mine to the mix?
Go right ahead, an idea never hurt anyone.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I hate to be the one who keeps shooting down good ideas, but we've been trying to get dwarves and scalefolk in for years, and it's only barely moving anywhere. I doubt we will get much chance for even more races.
The glorious sun rises again
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sunrise is right,but we can have some units in human faction that will fit to those fraction you posted,we have subraces in other races,so why not for humans?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well, that works.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I like the idea of subraces.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

The problem is the time it takes to implement an entire race + Daniel only being human and having a human amount of time lol.

I’m not sure what can be done by forumers to speed up the process beside jsons and images and text descriptions and such.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

I agree we must concentrate on the dwarves and scalefolks for now...

But keep the idea. Everything is uesefull and if time is found we might work on that too !!!!
Fantasy > 40k
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DoomCarrot wrote:The problem is the time it takes to implement an entire race + Daniel only being human and having a human amount of time lol.

I’m not sure what can be done by forumers to speed up the process beside jsons and images and text descriptions and such.
actually if i receive every json tested i need very little time to put in.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So if I make the images and work on the JSON, would that mean I could have the people of Warfell be implemented?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

General Brave wrote:So if I make the images and work on the JSON, would that mean I could have the people of Warfell be implemented?
i think dwarwes first.
after that, you need to arrange it with alexander because balancing is important
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well I could still work on it nevertheless, already have some things done. But it doesn't seem to me that are many people are working on the dwarwes. And by the way, where is Alexander?
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Yeah, haven't​ seen much out of him lately. I rather miss his insight into keeping balance around here.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'm still here but I've been pretty busy in my so-called holidays :D

I'm trying to come back as soon as possible cause we already have many of the current winners to be implemented.
Age of Fantasy design leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

We can use General Brave's warfell units for a new human faction. viewtopic.php?f=182&t=5119
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Yeah it looks cool and is not that far from being finished
Im not coming. Im impending
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Thank you for the support, you guys can help if you want.

Return to “Archived - Subraces”