Skirmishes and Heroes

The Pendulum

Skirmishes and Heroes

Post by The Pendulum »

I was wondering, with AOS's inclusion of the tie fighter (for games with upgrades+5/10) enabled, if it would be possible to include heroes (like legolas, or any other) in skirmish games if the option for upgrades were set. We could even set the gem cost to 20 or so, so that they would be expensive to buy (we all know how valuable they are!)

Thoughts?

Also, would it be possible to do the same for AOS? To, for example, include Jeanne d' Arc as an upgrade? If that were possible though, I would definitely want the ability to turn buying a tie fighter off if other hero units were purchasable. Perhaps a seperate checkbox for each hero? Would it be possible to set a max limit of one hero (per player), so that even after they died, they would not be able to recruit that hero again?
Dgkfadomo777

Re: Skirmishes and Heroes

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

Good but heroes are a bit overpowered
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

I would suggest a special mode wherekilling a hero is an objective of winning
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

I like the idea of it being a separate mode; I also like the idea of it being a standard skirmish option. I realize they're very strong, which is why I made the suggestion to cap them at one per player and once they die, you get no more. Good idea though!

I would definitely still want the ability to turn off being able to produce a tie fighter in games that would enable any heroes to be produced.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I like the idea of making heroes, but why not have them made at great buildings with a high cost and build limit?
The glorious sun rises again
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:I like the idea of making heroes, but why not have them made at great buildings with a high cost and build limit?
I like This idea! Perhaps > 10 turns for heroes? By great buildings, do you mean castles?
Sunrise Samurai

Yeah. Castle, great tree, volcano, mansion. Probably trigger it to disable when one is built for the side.
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Yeah. Castle, great tree, volcano, mansion. Probably trigger it to disable when one is built for the side.
That's a great idea!
One thing I don't want is half an army composed of heroes *cough, watercraft 3, cough*
Sunrise Samurai

Lol well, I do think that some of the hero units are lackluster. The prince is scarcely more than a strong swordsman that can't be targeted with lifelink and double strike. I think the hero units should have some unique abilities. Let's take the prince as an example here.
2 actions per turn
Group attack aura
Healing spell, like a healer
Double strike spell
Summon royal guard

Royal guard: basically a swordsman, but 20 hp, add 2 to both armors, only 2 movement, and Vanishing 3

This transforms the prince from a plain unit with basic functionality to a support hero with a royal presence that rallies the army to action. Other heroes could use some tweaking, but this is one of the more dramatic changes to demonstrate.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I like this idea. It would come in handy. And make use of units that are sitting on the back burner.

IE: Templar
Longbowman
LOTR Characters
Other custom characters( will discuss this in another topic)
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

Return to “Archived - Subraces”