Story of a Ruined City

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Story of a Ruined City

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Maybe I wouldn't be so tempted to try if you hadn't pointed out what your enemies can do. Something I try to avoid. It's not the worst mistake, but it's not a good move either. :lol:
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Just keep what you are doing, I would have got it a couple of plans in place.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Puss_in_Boots wrote:Maybe I wouldn't be so tempted to try if you hadn't pointed out what your enemies can do. Something I try to avoid. It's not the worst mistake, but it's not a good move either. :lol:
Oh please. You think I didn't know I was giving you ideas? Besides, if you made that monstrosity, it's just one convert spell away from being mine. And I don't have to use gems to convert. I can use liches. I'd also appreciate the orc king next to it for easier conversion :twisted:

I actually enjoy giving my opponents ideas. As long as it isn't a tournament or anything, what does it hurt? If I help you play your best, I have to play better to beat you. The way I see it, that's helping myself out too, and we both figure out some new tricks.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

PIB, it seems you're not using spell yet or you used them to speed up your production. whatever the case, let's hope you use it wisely.
Sunrise Samurai

He hasn't used any yet. I'm working on that with him. Soon as he gets some gems I can double for him, he should be in. Until then, I think we should wait to use them, for fairness sake.

Using them to speed up production is a waste of a spell. You could get 1 quick boost, or clone a tc like I did for the same thing every turn forever. We only get 5 spells, so we need to make them epic.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I probably will use them for some weird thing.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Let's hope that I could do what I need.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

General Brave survey the map that's his men provided him, the entire area of the old capital was covered in debris or at least area that lead to dead ends. "It seems we may be at a disadvantage," he said to himself. Referring to the other two Army that surrounded them. "I hope we are able push back those raptors away." He murmured to himself.
Sunrise Samurai

"It seems those two are determined to destroy each other. I can only hope I'm ready for them when they notice me." Mutters the samurai, scrying the area through the clear waters of a decayed fountain. A wave of his hand and the scene changes to a dead knight. "Go claim the northern base and activate the defenses there. We may need them soon." The knight silently salutes and rides northward, and the fountain returns to a view of the whole city again. "These undead are so dang bland. Not one with personality at all. I wish I was home again. Elves are much better at giving conversation." A ghoul moans. "Well. They're trying."
Sunrise Samurai

"I always thought these skeletons needed some meat on their bones, but I think this one is a bit much."
Eying my new flesh golem.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Sir, we are facing heavy resisted in the north, only cavalry and a soldier remains. Perhaps we must send reinforcements." The lieutenant said.

"Worry not," Brave said. "Help will arrive soon and our mages are finishing the teleporting building spells."

A man burst into the tent. "General," he said saluting. We have finished building our fortification. Hopefully that will provide us a bit of cover."

"Good." General nodded. "Has the catapults been completed?"

"Not yet, a few more hours at most."
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The kitten in his warm boots grips his staff with great intensity. "I've just been freed. I cannot waste these with only one shot at conquering the free world." An orcish grunt exclaims as well, "we've been promised the free world to." The cat glances over his troopers. Fighting for him in the name of freedom, but he just can't help contrasting every hideous detail from himself. He might not even have their freedom in his interest.
His army dashes for middle TCs, while a wave follows in suit to defeat the brave knights. Acknowledging the powers of his opponent's spells, he tries to maintain a homogeneous army. Ready to deploy anywhere, and excellent for coordinated attack. Perhaps his raptors will be able to evict Warfell's cavalry from his territory.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

That cat is determined to eliminate the humans. They are hard pressed for survival. In my corner of the city, I remain content to post massive flesh golems as guards and watch. Soon I may have to step in and tip the balance. If Puss gains too much ground, he will become an overwhelming force.

It seems like the humans are up to something though. I note a twisted form of some elven magics, designed to put some types of undead to rest.

(Pea shooters are infinite, not counting towards your 5 spells)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Sir," spoke a messenger. "The north has been overrun and the middle has been requesting for support."

"Help is on the way." Brave reassure the soldier. He got up from his chair and pulls out his sword, he looked at it for a few moments before whispering a few words and swinging it in front of him. The sword tear a hole in the world and a man with blue robe stumble out. "Matthew I presume?" General ask the man laying on the floor.

"Yes General," the mage answer shakingly as he got off the floor. "Matthew is the name and magic is my game."
Sunrise Samurai

It seems time to do something​. My forces aren't exactly fast like the elves I normally fight beside, but they are strong and numerous. I only wish the powerful golems did not require the city's spirit towers to be active nearby to avoid crumbling into dust.

I have ordered some to move alongside the battle lines northward to see if anything can be done about the suicidal orcish charge. If that cat defeats the humans, I fear I will be next.

A lich sent a magical message from me to these humans, telling them to back off their building efforts and restrain their troops if they wish my help. It appears my message was only halfway followed. My troops are unmolested, but the construction of a second castle remains underway. I will still assist for a time against the superior forces of the orcs, but I am not sure if I can trust the human general for long.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It was interesting for Brave, seems the undead in the city was being controlled by someone. The lich that wandered in the camp has delivered a message from their leader. Asking them to not fire upon the undead and stop building the fortification. Brave only accepted the first, he couldn't trust the undead too much. Who knows if they would keep the deal. He only hope that they would help fend-off the Orcs.
Sunrise Samurai

Puss_in_Boots wrote:The cat glances over his troopers. Fighting for him in the name of freedom, but he just can't help contrasting every hideous detail from himself. He might not even have their freedom in his interest.
Evil kitteh kitteh. Are those unicorn skin boots?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I hope that they have lice in them.
Sunrise Samurai

Doubtful. Unicorn skin is too pure. It wouldn't have lice in it.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Then I have to find some, hopefully they ward off prying eyes from my warroom.
Sunrise Samurai

"it seems that fool general insists on building a castle too close to my base anyway. Alright. Fine. Let's see how this goes."

Sunrise Samurai waves his hand and a skeleton worker brings in a paper and envelope. He quickly scrawls something on it, seals it in the envelope, and throws it in the burning fireplace.

"General!" "Yes Mathew? What is it?" "This letter just came through the portal. It's addressed to you."

The general reads it, his face turning white. "Well that's troublesome."
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"See it to that the fortification is finished, who knows what they are planning."
Sunrise Samurai

Please note that I am still respecting the line you specified. None of your units or buildings are damaged. If anything of mine spontaneously combusts, however, I'm tempted to let you get turned into cat food.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

How many spells do everyone's have?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

And post new screenshots. Please.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Sir," Matthew said. "The deal went smoothly, well... smoothly as you get."

"Good," Brave said, letting out a sign of relief as he poured his apple cider into a glass. "It seems we might have a chance here, hopefully we get as many as we can before a wave overrun us." He grabbed the glass of cider and drink it slowly, enjoying the taste as he drinks every drop of it. Once he was finished, he place the glass down and looked at Matthew with a serious face.

"How soon will the next mage come?"

Matthew pondered for a few moments before answering. "She should be already here." And like on cue, a blonde hair woman burst into the tent.

"General," she said. "My name is Elizabeth, I am a rank four mage and knowledgeable on Magical Artifacts." She proclaim.

"It's good to have you Elizabeth." Brave said, shaking her hands. "And are you the only one here?" He asked.

"Nope, I brought Tooth with me."

Wondering who was Tooth, Brave got his answer when he heard the unmistakable roar of a dragon.
Sunrise Samurai

"nice dragon" Sunrise Samurai steps through the tent flap.

Three knives fly right through him, flickering as they pass through. Unfortunately, the realization that this was an illusion came a second too late, as 2 fireballs and a lightning bolt followed immediately, burning a couple tents and boiling part of the lake into a cloud of steam.

"Also, nice welcoming committee. Glad I'm not really here. I can see fish going belly up from my base. Unless you meant to feed your troops that way, and I was just underfoot."

"What do you want? Before I have my mages banish your illusion please"

I have the attention of the orcs now. They seem to think they can take over the north."

"I have eyes. Is that all"

"No. How much do you know about the history of this city? Your history​ books state that it was the first capital of Warfell, I know. Before that, what was it?"

"An open field. My ancestors built it." General turns to the mage's. "Get him out of my sight."

As he walks aways, the fading illusion calls out. "You really believe that don't you?"

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"It seems he knows more that I expected," muttered Brave as he sat back down at his desk.

Both of the mages looked at each other before one of them answered. "What does he mean old Capitol history?" Elizabeth ask.

"I tell you once this is over," Brave replied. "There is much more to the city instead of magical artifacts or historical relics."
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

In the North Eastern side of the map my forces have rallied against the shore. A shaman trails behind them to provide support for any retreat if necessary. If the attack goes well, he may supply them with potions to keep them healthy. For now they must gather strength with an aura spell.
You know I can't go on inside of a magical prison without poaching a unicorn to replace my worn old boots. ;)

Anyways, these orcs better not fail me!
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You might take them.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”