Story of a Ruined City

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Sunrise Samurai

Story of a Ruined City

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The Samurai of the Sunrise is quietly exploring the ruins of an ancient city for many days, learning it's secrets. In the throne room of the palace, he finds a priceless treasure. An old staff, key to the city's defenses, lodged precisely in a warding circle. In his curiousity, he removes the staff to examine it.

Immediately the glowing circle around it begins to fade, and an explosive release of power is seen in the courtyard, where a teleportation circle of old steel begins glowing. As the samurai stares, the glow pulses in a brilliant flash of light, and a contingent of soldiers appears, with a mage in the center lowering his hands as lightning dies between his fingers.

The mage turns to the general next to him, who is bearing the standard of Warfell. "I was right. The gateway to the ancient capital was unsealed." "Yes" replies the General "if the legends are true, we left behind many objects of great power here. We must recover them quickly. If anyone gets in the way, eliminate them. We can't afford to have anyone stealing our national treasures." He turns to the mage. "Begin summoning more troops. I have the feeling we won't be the only ones here for long"

Fearful of being seen, the samurai runs from the window, only to run into, of all things, a cat wearing boots with a bunch of evil looking orcs.

"Finally" begins the cat. "After 600 years of imprisonment, I am released with my orcish horde to conquer this city once more. Shamans, begin releasing the armies from their imprisonment. Guards, remove this wretch from my sight."

Two orcish guards are quickly sliced with a katana before Puss had enough. He simply stomped, and a massive shockwave tore the walls apart. The samurai waved the staff before the shockwave reached him, teleporting into a nearby building.

Outside, General Brave notices the expanding wave of destruction and charges forward, slicing it with a glowing sword. The shockwave disappears, saving the humans now pouring out of an open portal within the circle.

Orcs rush out of the ruined palace, meeting humans in battle. Desperate to survive, the Sunrise Samurai raises the staff, activating the city's defenses. Corpses, orc, human, and decayed in nearby tombs alike, begin to rise and fight.

BattleForTheRuinedCity
Password is "New Story"

Many units
Reveal
200 population
Spell upgrades enabled, 5

This will be the first spell upgrades enabled game with published screenshots, so we're breaking new ground here. Please announce spells used, as I expect them to be a powerful influence (like General converts Puss's orc king at a crucial moment)
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Re: Story of a Ruined City

Post by General Brave »

Perhaps, make a new map again. My position is pretty bad if you if you look at it, unless you want me keep it as is then is fine. And by the way, great storytelling. Everything seems to fit everything.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Meh. You're playing humans, so a little water won't hurt much. It's a free for all, so the smart thing is always to attack the player in the best position. If your start takes a while, it's going to be me and puss fighting, since you would waste our resources we should spend against the biggest threat.

Thanks. Tried to come up with good reasons for us being there, and the coincidence of somehow arriving at the same time.

We really need to be able to make multiplayer scenarios, with prearranged troops and triggers. Maybe force password protection, and delete the game if it doesn't fill up rather than opening it to the public, so mismatched setups won't be applied unless the other side knows about it
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I, General Brave of the Armed Forces of Warfell, has begun in my quest to reclaim the old capital of Warfall. The city once was a prosperous place, it held the most wonders of cultural and war. It was defended by the mages of Greenstone Island and the finest soldiers throughout Warfell. But when the orcs came, their leader, a cat in boots. Launch a surprise attack, destroying what was most of the fortification and taking what they wanted. As the city fell, the king decided to make a great sacrifice. For a last-ditch effort to save the city and his family, he use his body and royal blood to help the mages cast a spell to banish the invader. While it did defeat them, the King was gone and the city was abandoned, due to the spell which can be broken at any moment.

It seems that fate has brought us once again to that fateful day.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Meh. You're playing humans, so a little water won't hurt much. It's a free for all, so the smart thing is always to attack the player in the best position. If your start takes a while, it's going to be me and puss fighting, since you would waste our resources we should spend against the biggest threat.

Thanks. Tried to come up with good reasons for us being there, and the coincidence of somehow arriving at the same time.

We really need to be able to make multiplayer scenarios, with prearranged troops and triggers. Maybe force password protection, and delete the game if it doesn't fill up rather than opening it to the public, so mismatched setups won't be applied unless the other side knows about it
That would be nice, we could have scenarios that we can make our self and we guys could play together on it. And we don't need the maps to be public at all to play them. Maybe we can send it to each other so we can play it.
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:I, General Brave of the Armed Forces of Warfell, has begun in my quest to reclaim the old capital of Warfall. The city once was a prosperous place, it held the most wonders of cultural and war. It was defended by the mages of Greenstone Island and the finest soldiers throughout Warfell. But when the orcs came, their leader, a cat in boots. Launch a surprise attack, destroying what was most of the fortification and taking what they wanted. As the city fell, the king decided to make a great sacrifice. For a last-ditch effort to save the city and his family, he use his body and royal blood to help the mages cast a spell to banish the invader. While it did defeat them, the King was gone and the city was abandoned, due to the spell which can be broken at any moment.

It seems that fate has brought us once again to that fateful day.
Well....I'm kinda the idiot archaeologist wannabe that decided to go removing priceless magical artifacts without considering why they might be in that position lol. The spell was pretty secure until I broke it.

And yeah, I would have given us all a pretty nice setup. Balanced, with maybe a powerful enemy ai in the middle to be public enemy ​number 1. I'm talking walled in, fortresses, 3 castles, and a few factories, and we've gotta take it out before we can get to each other, while we have a much smaller, but still mostly complete base each to jump right into the action.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well you could ask the dev if he's able to implement something like this, like you choose the map that we are going to play and you could edit it for the match. Something that's remind me of the stronghold map maker.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It would be something fun to have and it would interest many people. But maybe only for private match or maybe not.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

But if that's too much to ask maybe only we could place units or trigger.
Sunrise Samurai

The Sunrise Samurai opens with the first spell of the match. Knowing he needs additional production power to win, he immediately slams the staff into the ground, creating another TC to bolster the armies of the dead that defend this dead city.
Before
After

Here's the whole map
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

You used clone spell on tc? Nice idea.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

What a nice addition.
Sunrise Samurai

Yup. Turn 1, clone a tc. 33% increase in initial production value. Sadly, I couldn't clone the units inside too lol. Yes, I actually was testing that.

Something tells me General will do the same. Puss might save the spell, since he has a lot of tcs in reach quickly.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I did something else.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So what's your guys's plans, are we simply going to build up?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I'm still saving, but I'm not very rich. I may need some more gems from campaign maps.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:I did something else.
Like I said, if you use spells, make sure you post what you do. I'd appreciate some story writing to accompany it. Nobody's ever posted reports on a spell upgrades game, and I bet this one will be closely examined for possible strategies and their impact.
Puss_in_Boots wrote:I'm still saving, but I'm not very rich. I may need some more gems from campaign maps.
Pm me. I may be able to help a little. It's not a fair game if you can't afford a few gems to blow on it.
General Brave wrote:So what's your guys's plans, are we simply going to build up?
I think we're all playing to win here. We can't just build up to do that.
Sunrise Samurai

Alright, to clarify what General did

Seeing as he was stuck in a position with minimal expansion potential, General Brave dipped his sword in the portal, channeling the energy through the outstretched swords of his troops in a chain to allow a knight to come through the portal much closer to a nearby TC. (Aka, he pinned his knight so it could only clone on one side, cloned it, and rushed the cloneto the next TC.)

Great move General.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Thank you, and also you are a good player to give your opponent such valuable gem. Your turn.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

"Sir, our cavalry captured a suitable base in the northeast. And we also reported seeing more beyond the establish area. So what do we do now sir?"

"Tell your men's to continue what they are doing, make sure to report every little detail and artifact that you can find. We won't let our heritage be stolen."
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:Thank you, and also you are a good player to give your opponent such valuable gem. Your turn.
Yeah, but my phone is at 5% so I need to plug it in. And I'm willing to donate to help Daniel keep the game development going, so I'm not quite as limited in gems as you guys. That's why I am willing to shell out 100 gems as a prize for the tournament
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

400+ gems in AoF...
Also great story and good luck to all of you!
Let's win the strongest and smartest!
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Is your battery dead? If it is. Tell me.
Sunrise Samurai

Saved it at 2% lol. Get to the game as soon as I can.

Alright. Average second turn. Building, moving to tcs, etc. Nothing fancy this time.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The same, except I wanted to do something more.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

PIB, are you going to contribute to the story, don't let us be the only one.
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:The same, except I wanted to do something more.
Yeah, the game prevents offensive spells before turn 5. To tell the truth, I'm thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to hold onto our spells at this point. We're both down to 4, and I don't want to find​ out Puss used double strength on a master headhunter while it was strengthened and near a king at a point when I can't throw a kill spell at it. Think 28 power, 3 actions, and​ insane resistance to any form of ranged attack. I'd be looking at you for an assassin lol.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Assassin's are rare for me to use, my Army is capable to handle the most toughest of unit without needed such thing. I usually use use catapult.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

3x Catapults in wagons could doom that poor.. Overpowered master of destruction!
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

30% ranged dodge, can 1 shot 3 units, including catapults, per turn, health regeneration, insane pierce armor, and regular orcs in front of it. Double strength can be stronger than instant kill if used right. And one well placed shot on that wagon takes 2 of those catapults with the wagon. 2 shots left, so there goes catapult 3 and someone else lol.

Puss? Are you plotting to make such a thing on us? Not sure if I'd use a lich to try to convert it or a mummy to kill it asap lol. Hopefully​ something would be able to get close enough.

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”