The Imperfect Valley Campaign

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: The Imperfect Valley Campaign

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

As the dust settled from the battle, the elves and orcs were victorious, but not all was well. The elves recognized a corruption at the heart of the land, that could not easily be cleansed.

They urged the orcs to leave with them, burn the land and sew it with salt so it would never again be inhabited, and the evil would fade. They refused, and became more savage, more aggressive as years passed. The elves grew more recluse, avoiding conflict that would feed the Doom, and eventually disappeared entirely.

The orcs enjoyed the vibrant fertility of their valley home, which grew lushly from the nutrients derived from the dead, but they did not heed the warnings they were given. They fought among themselves, strengthening the Doom.

After one fateful battle, the orcs had almost destroyed themselves. It was time for the Doom to strike again, now against the seemingly leaderless orcs who seemed all alone. Quietly, in the night, it crept into the remains of an old fortress.

Interestingly, on the same night, the Samurai of the Sunrise returned to warn the orcs. Finding them leaderless, he quickly took control and smashed a squadron of skeletal warriors that were going to attack the orcs, proving that the evil had, indeed, returned.

Can the Samurai lead the orcs to defeat the undead menace once again?
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Can Goku save the Earth from a certain 'Doom.' Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z. *Music starts playing*

By the way, can the States of Warfell join Into the fray?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Little late, since I already made the match, but perhaps in future episodes, or we can make another rpg style match/series.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Next time then.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, Sunrise and I basically just switched starting positions. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I hope that you have learn from the last battle.
Sunrise Samurai

End of turn 1. Same map, reversed positions with no ai. Notable difference is I'm playing orcs this time, as I expect I shall have a better chance against Doom's new tactics​ with a less fragile race.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well I took a tc across the river and so far Sunrise has nothing to counter me there. If he doesn’t do something wuick he will find himself cornered and at a tc disadvantage, a disadvantage which is particularly devastating to orcs.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

Doomcarrot made a good move, sending his starting knight west to flank me. Coupled with him getting the first move, it enabled him to get the jump on expansion across the river, since I had to wait for a raptor rider to be built before I could follow.

On the Eastern front, however, I am beginning to take some ground he previously held.
Sunrise Samurai

Well, it's been a long time since we updated this.

To recap some highlights of what happened, Doomcarrot took out my lone raptor on the Western sfront soon after the last screenshot, freeing him to "corner" me and take over the tcs in the middle section. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't enough. On the eastern front, I pressed northward at a steady pace, crushing his defenses slowly. He barely took the last tc in the middle of the map before I was attacking with fully upgraded axe throwers and more harnessed raptors. Before long, I managed to slip one raptor across the western bridge, racing a death knight he sent west from the north for control of the far West. That race ended in what I would call a tie, except that a harnessed raptor rider can kill a death knight with some care. With no death knight in the way, the west was mine around the same time I took the middle and finally captured Doomcarrot's starting position, orcs spilling over the narrow causeway in search of more bones to crush.

Here's how things look now, as the game is more or less over.

The undead scourge has once more been buried. One day, perhaps, a way to permanently remove this Doom from the land may be found. For now, it is obvious that the return of the Doom is just a matter of time.

I believe the states of Warfell have seen this fertile land, with it's inhabitants weakened by war, and wish to see if they may be able to conquer it?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

From the report I have received, the land seems unperfect due to the constant wars and corruption that goes through it. But due to the magical nature of such events. It has left the land perfect to be tilt and be ready to feed citys. It's time to see this land at peace once more under the banner of Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Anyone else joining us this round? I assume Doomcarrot will probably be in here. If we get one more person to make 4, I have a fun twist to this plot I'd like to try.

@General
I assume the first legions the states of Warfell will be sending consist of human troops? I'll be switching back to elves for this, since it isn't just Doom's death knights I need to watch for. I'm guessing he will continue with undead, so he can master them.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

We will be sending our human army to the valley.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So what would this be, a free-for-all? Teams?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Yeah, I can join in too.
Not my preferred race, but I would like to join as orcs.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Alright. I just want confirmation from Doomcarrot that he wants in and I'll make the match for us. Puss and General vs me and Doomcarrot.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well in the meanwhile we can have a side story, as we wait for Doomcarrot.
Sunrise Samurai

Sunrise Samurai

Alright. Doomcarrot are you still interested now that you are more able to play?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sure! And can we play on the map with the multiple mountains? I can't remember if it is north or south :lol:

EDIT; it is imperfect valley south
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Good we can start.
Sunrise Samurai

Years passed, and something unusual happened. The Doom, frustrated by it's inability to win the land for itself, revealed its true nature to the Sunrise Samurai in the hopes of gaining freedom through words. Surprisingly, it working. The elvish hatred towards undead was overcome by their love of all things natural, including a sentient carrot. Warily, they accepted the explanation that the carrot's necromantic powers were the resulting reaction to a great evil that would soon appear, the land's efforts to bring balance. A peaceful, if uneasy, friendship began between the elves and the undead as the orcs slowly disappeared in search of a better fight.

Perhaps the orcs may have been happier to have stayed, because that fight was soon to come. The nation of Warfell gathered armies to take the land for it's own, recruiting the services of the famed mercenary Puss in Boots to help. As the flags of Warfell appeared at the southern horizon, the valley's inhabitants went to the southern mountains to meet them, preventing any northward advance.

Game
Imperfect valley campaign
Password
Story
Many starting units
Normal tc count.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Nice! Just waiting for puss to join :)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think that you'll get in new version each only one builder.
But this would be good if i'm wrong.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Puss is now in. Just waiting on Doomcarrot
Sunrise Samurai

Okay, Doomcarrot didn't make the timer to join after puss, so we're going to have to start over.

Because I can, I'm going to try to make this a multiplayer scenario with the following.

30/30 size
3 tcs to each base, with one of those belonging to each player's ally.
8 neutral tcs, 2 set within 2-3 turns movement of each player's base.
250 turns worth of units, techs, and structures.
Structure cost is based on worker turns for that race, assuming initial techs were researched first. (They cost less for humans who start with ambidexterity researched than humans who start without, so I suggest adding it to researched if you want a castle at the start)
All players please pm me an itemized list of what you want to start with, including costs and relative deployment strategy. A minority of your troops may be deployed in your ally's base.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Is this for AoF?
Or in AoS you'll make also map?

And more questions:
1. What total cost of all units, researches and structures at the beginning in turns? 250?
2. if i'll say that i have for example pikeman to halberdier upgrade than i can have halberdiers at the beginning and similar for other factions?
3. How much players at all and alliances do you want? Because my strategy depends on number of allies i'll have.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

AoF. Already lined up with Doomcarrot, Puss, and General Brave right now in a 2v2. Might look for more players at a later point though.

Yes, you are given 250 turns to spend. Archer costs 2, archer to elite archer costs 6 and upgrades that archer to an elite archer. Master archery level 1 costs 4. 10 elite archers with master archery at 1 would cost 20+6+4=30 of that 250.

I'm willing to adjust the initial value if others think it is too high, but I'm expecting it to cover a starting army and techs. It's probably enough for even elves and orcs to max out their techs, but that would leave them open to early attack.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's going to take awhile to make cost what of what. Unless you going by turn cost. Wait is that what you doing?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:AoF. Already lined up with Doomcarrot, Puss, and General Brave right now in a 2v2. Might look for more players at a later point though.

Yes, you are given 250 turns to spend. Archer costs 2, archer to elite archer costs 6 and upgrades that archer to an elite archer. Master archery level 1 costs 4. 10 elite archers with master archery at 1 would cost 20+6+4=30 of that 250.

I'm willing to adjust the initial value if others think it is too high, but I'm expecting it to cover a starting army and techs. It's probably enough for even elves and orcs to max out their techs, but that would leave them open to early attack.
1. i'm looking for this topic from the beginning and it will be good to jump into action, alas i'm not so good story-teller or even story-maker. So if you'll have a vacant place or just another player i'm in. (also i must say that i'm not so good at AoF for now)
2. 250 turns i think is a bit WAY too much. because for horde you can just get all uruk upgrades and 3 uruk tents (21+8+8+8 turns) and bang you have 203 to spend on your uruk army, shamans and wagons. I suggest to lower at least to 150 turns.
3. Buildings are limited to initial tc count or not?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”