Multiplayer abnormal behaviour reports

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Alexander82

Multiplayer abnormal behaviour reports

Post by Alexander82 »

We've been reported about several games with problems involving the same player: General_Brave

Since it is a forumer we'd like to know what is causing such a behaviour (player skips him and are then skipped instead while he takes his turn normally or they happens to have to replay pretty often the same turn).

We'd also like to know if he's using any kind of bugs since in another game he started swarming orc dragons in high numers out of nowhere and we need to correct such bugs.

We expect cooperation from him and from other players that noticed abnormals behaviours of the game.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Multiplayer abnormal behaviour reports

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

One other bug that happened with general. A few weeks back I made a multiplayer game that was joined by another player. I played about​ 10 rounds or so with them over about a 4-5 hour span, then General Brave joins the game, replacing them. I was reset to turn 1. I immediately resigned, rather than play a bugged game like that. Bug report topic is here.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4650
The glorious sun rises again
Sunrise Samurai

@General Brave: could you perhaps be running an emulator to be able to play? I know AoS and variants are Android only, and using an emulator is the only way to make it work on anything else. I also know that emulators add another factor to the equation, and might give enough server delay to allow some of these unusual occurrences.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The thing with the dragon is the sacrificing the trolls to make dragon. I have a bunch of trolls shaman sacrificing a bunch of workers. Replacing the other players, I don't know how I did that. I may also could tell you when I don't log out of my account, it freezes all match timers. Mostly that what I think it does. Because I think there was one match where other guy timer hasn't moved for 6 weeks until I log into another account.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm using a phone, and I don't know how to do such things. If I did I would be making my own game or be helping others with things.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Wait, people skip me and they are skipped instead. Sounds like a great deterrent.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I see. We need to understand what is causing all those problems since that is going to ruin a lot of games. Also you risk that player simply avoid/resign in games where you are playing.

What is thst timer issue tough? I never experienced nothing like that before.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:Replacing the other players, I don't know how I did that. I may also could tell you when I don't log out of my account, it freezes all match timers.
I bet the two are one and the same. If your end doesn't update, you may be able to rewrite what's on the server already by playing your turn that currently exists on your phone. For example, if I skip you, but you're​ already playing your turn, you won't update to receive the skip. When you hit end turn, my version updates to receive the turn I literally just played.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Not the only things going on, my badge has has been the worst level since Lord of Aisle decide to use armor skeletons until the they updated it. But that could be a different problem.

I don't know what's what, so I can't help you with all the problems but I may know some.
Sunrise Samurai

I think that was your getting skipped while you couldn't play.

For now, make sure you refresh whenever you go to play or join a game, only hit the next turn button once, and be alert for more bugs. As big of a bug magnet as you are, I'd suggest using the dev version so we can flush out more of them lol
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You calling me a bug magnet, how dare you. I have you know that I am a sophisticated person.

Anyways I don't have the Dev version.
And also I don't know how many times I got skip when that happen. So could be something permanent or it's going to take a long time until I get the next badge. Can you make your matches without no badge, please. Until I recovered or it's fixed.
Sunrise Samurai

Lol skips disappear after 2 months. Otherwise, play a lot of games without getting​ skipped. Even a loss counts towards a completed game.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

stp cnstantly blam1ng me fr ur 1suues
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I would never forgive you, someday.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please write here the game ID-s of the games where there are strange behaviours so i can set them "delete game saves = false" so we can look back what happened in the turn of that game .
thanks!

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”