Research - Information need - tanks/units evlution

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Research - Information need - tanks/units evlution

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I am pretty undereducated on the different unit _(tank/spg ...) evolution.

We need to know the "timeline" of the unit evolution/development, so we can have techs to "invent" to get a new kind of unit to build, or have it upgraded to a better unit.

so if anyone could make such "timeline" for all nations with "time" information would be awesome.

like this: http://i.imgur.com/bd7CwAd.png
samuelch

Re: Information need - tanks/units evlution

Post by samuelch »

German's tanks.
1939 1942 1943
Panzer I Tiger I (Tiger II 1944) Panther
Panzer II
Panzer III
Panzer IV
Panzer I and II used to fill the gap of unfinish Panzer III and IV in early war.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Don't forget about Wunderwaffe projects :D
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Very good!

Panzer 1..4: when were these introduced? Are they improvements of each other? So can i make ssome kind of tech to get to these levels?

Also they did not have other tanks?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

They were all introduced in different time periods. The Panzer 1 was just a training tank and the Panzer 2 was a slight improvement since it had clear similiarties (its model and turret). And I believe the Panzer 3 and 4 were introduced sometime during the war.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, these "times" i am looking for, so i can figure out which types should be
a) the basic types,
b) upgrades of earlier types (like heavy knight)
c) simply new units depending a tech (like heavy tank construction tech in heavy tanks currently)
d) should be upgrades in upgrade shop
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Panzer 1-4 already existed in 1939. But Germany hasn't got many panzer 3 and 4 that time. So they fill the gap with panzer 1 and 2 which cheaper light tank class.
Tank Destroyers:
Sturmgeschutz III-----------------------------------(Marder I------------------------------------>Marder II---------------------->Marder III)-------------------------PanzerJager I
Have a quite huge amount of bonus=========Have a bigger bonus againtst tanks.===Faster than Marder I.======Upgrade of Marder II=========Existed in the beggining
against tanks. Faster than Marder I and======Have weaker health and 1 range.=====Upgrade of Marder I.======Faster than Stug III and=====of the war before Marder I.
doesn't get obsoluted. Range=2. More health==Cheaper and slower than Stug III.===== More health than Marder I=Marder II. More health than==As fast as Marder II but more
than Marder I.=============================================================Less health than Stug III=====Stug III.==================expensive and weaker than Marder I.

I think to unlock Marder I need to research tech.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Agree.
Epic Gamer Moment!
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Nice!
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Agree.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i just found a timeline based page:
http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/se ... d-guns.asp
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also world of tanks has atech tree:

http://tanks.gg/wot/techtree
Pastaforev1

Post by Pastaforev1 »

You might consider starting a round with only light tanks then have a medium tank upgrade that unlocks medium tanks (M4 sherman, T-34, ...) Then do the same with heavy tanks (Pershing, tiger 1,...) Making the medium tank upgrade required for the heavy tank upgrade.

Then have specific tank upgrades like the M4 sherman to the M4A3E8 (or Sherman Firefly) and T-34 to the T-34-85...

Probably keeping the cost of the tank specific upgrades and the medium tank upgrade down so players have a chance to use them and the heavy tanks without having a 80 round match
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

very good!

medium: for the first i would try light+mediums as default (because light and medium has its own role on early stages, one is fast, other is stronger), only heavy being upgrade dependant.

subversion upgrades: very good! please collect these and also tell me wht statchange wouldbe good on the upgraded version.

so we have this:
- M4 sherman to the M4A3E8: i dont know yet the stat difference, but if minor change than the upgradecan be 2 turn cost.
- please list more for other units! thanks!
Oohps

Post by Oohps »

The upgrade of sherman is a huge upgrade. From machine gun hunter to able to fight most other tanks. 5 upgraded shermans could beat a panther with only a loss of 2. Tigers were mostly kept less moving until the air support could kill.

One very important issue is the cannon. T34 was very able from the beginning and a bit better after upgrade.

An important part of sovjet tactics was every tank transported infantry. They could take and hold terrain. Germans had motorised troop transport to work together. British had different units, tanks and infantry units, working together.

Tanks are worthless if surrounded by enemy infantry

Oohps
Pastaforev1

Post by Pastaforev1 »

The sherman would have increased armor and damage against other tanks (not infantry) do to the main gun being upgraded

The BT-7 and the M3 Stewart i would imagine get a second attack because of the main huns getting auto loaders (this may result in damage to other tanks being reduced per attack)

The others i will have to look into
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

There were Flamethrower tanks which were highly effective in anti Infantry.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Pastaforev1

Post by Pastaforev1 »

If you want things to get real crazy get a upgrade for russians that give their tanks the ability to RAM enemy tanks doing massive damage but also dropping it's own health dramatically or destroying it. :lol:

This is super op so if it has any chanse of making it in the game (I really doubt it) it needs some major nerfs
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Research - Information need - tanks/units evlution

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok we eed 2 dimensions of upgrading:
- one that replaces earlier
- one that does not replaces, only a new buildable (with similar naming tough, only subversion differences)

samples(by heart for presentational only)

threse: does not replace each other only new versions - lets call it mayor versions (they can be unlocked by techs, or only from upgrades tree by gems).
panzer I
panzer II
panzer III
panzer IV

however these could be replacing upgrades (by techs) and increasingsome stats slightly
panzer IV ausf A -> panzer IV ausf B -> panzer IV ausf C -> ... -> panzer IV ausf D -> panzer IV ausf J
(the same for eg. shermans, here is a subversion tree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman_variants)

we need to collect all of these in maybe this form: (vertical is non replacing, howrizontal is replacing)
panzer I : panzer I ausf A -> panzer I ausf B -> panzer I ausf C -> ...
panzer II : ...
panzer III : ...
panzer IV : panzer IV ausf A -> panzer IV ausf B -> panzer IV ausf C -> ...

also i think we need to know how much was built, so only experimental versions could be skipped:

panzer I : panzer I ausf A (200produced) -> panzer I ausf B (400produced) -> panzer I ausf C (1000produced) -> ...
panzer II : ...
panzer III : ...
panzer IV : panzer IV ausf A (400produced) -> panzer IV ausf B (400produced) -> panzer IV ausf C (400produced) -> ...
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Post by Prof_GamerARCHIVED »

I made 2 topics on the technology section several days ago. Its about upgrading t-34 to t-34-85 and sherman to sherman firefly. Here are the stats.

T-34-85 stats
Cost; 4
Hp: 45
Power: 23
Range: 1
Armor: 5
Expl. armor: 5
Speed: 4
Sight: 4

Sherman firefly stats
Cost: 4
Hp: 42
Power: 22
Range: 1
Armor: 4
Expl. armor: 4
Speed: 4
Sight: 4
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Good! We need all of these in the form i suggested (or suggest better) i mean regarding t34 there might be other subversions too.
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Daniel (the dev) wrote:Good! We need all of these in the form i suggested (or suggest better) i mean regarding t34 there might be other subversions too.
There are. I can make their stats and since they are similar to the t-34, i may be able to design them.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Cool! You dont need to make stats if the xls works well, will calculate it automatically.
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

How can i upload a file in a topic?
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Daniel (the dev) wrote:Cool! You dont need to make stats if the xls works well, will calculate it automatically.
Damn, i always forget the XLS lol.

Return to “Dev Asks for Help”