Whiplash no longer works - ANSWERED

Savra

Whiplash no longer works - ANSWERED

Post by Savra »

If you place a orc peon and/or goblin slave down, then place a slaver next to them and use whiplash on them you'll only deal damage and apply no effect.
Anchar

Re: Whiplash no longer works

Post by Anchar »

This ability seems to be limited and it is available only for melee fighters and does not work on builders and ranged fighters and I think that thank God.
Savra

Post by Savra »

It still is a bug, the only ones it shouldn't work on are ranged fighters, it wouldn't make any sense for a slaver to not be able to force actual slaves to work harder but rather forcing the orcs troops to do so instead. If anything it should be the other way around.

Besides that would mean orcs melee units are affected by 2 double strike buffs + a speed boost.

Anyways @Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Please address alex or makaw about these change requests
Savra

Post by Savra »

I already shot Alex an email about fixing bugs.

Anyway, @Alexander82, @makazuwr32.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

In my opinion, the orcs are already building fast enough, given that their defense is now the strongest and most effective in the game, I do not like that he disperses them even faster, melee fighters are not so scary.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I can't answer if it is intended or not since for some reason alex doesn't respond to me on dev server.
Probably some problems with discord.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Anchar wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:58 pm In my opinion, the orcs are already building fast enough, given that their defense is now the strongest and most effective in the game, I do not like that he disperses them even faster, melee fighters are not so scary.
Except that it also effects melee giants as well.

The original concept for the slaver was to make workers work faster as a substitute for ambidextry, this was back when the orcs only had goblin slaves to work with, however now, if we want to go this route, we could make the workers have slightly lower mend rate similar to undead, as they will eventually have upgrades that increase this along with other stats in the future, in turn the slaver could be used to speed up production over simply being used as a melee support unit.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

This is a bug and it will be fixed. Thank for the report.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Huttensohn

Post by Huttensohn »

I thought this is part of balancing, nerfing whiplash.

I think with their orc peon that is available from the start, they have the only labourer + from the start, they don't need any more work speed enhancement. plus, their basic towers are the strongest atm.

But of course, lashing with no effect should be removed.
Last edited by Huttensohn on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

In general, I always believed that the cost of this fighter should be higher than 5, before his nerf he could have been given all 10, but now I rate him at 8 + removal from the city center. Well, in general, I congratulate now he will whip both giants and builders.
Anchar

Re: Whiplash no longer works - ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

It seems to me that logically, the effects of the orc slave owner should only be applied to the goblins, since the goblins look like the lower creatures of their hierarchy, I cannot imagine how the orc slave owner beats the Orc Commander with a whip, ordering him to move, after that, the leader of the orcs and any orc would look like a weakling.This measure would simultaneously speed up the goblin builders and melee fighters and not affect the balance as much.
Savra

Re: Whiplash no longer works - ANSWERED

Post by Savra »

I wouldn't say goblins are the lower ranks of the orcs, as they could also just be mercenaries mainly.

Goblin slave, orc peon, and merblin servant are all 3 the lesser of the race as they are the ones being forced to do the races manual labor.

That's why I said it would be better if the slaver was only able to use his ability on workers since they are the actual slaves of the race.

As for orc peon, we could always do what we did with undead and move them to the orc camp only like the monster laborer.

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”