Bug on new built poison tower — ARCHIVED

Elrond

Bug on new built poison tower — ARCHIVED

Post by Elrond »

After update 18th July 21. Any newly built poison tower I can't enter. Please fix it
makazuwr32

Re: Bug on new built poison tower

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is not a bug.
It is planned change since poison tower has now higher construction rate.
It is now basically alternative to human watch tower with ability to shoot and spread poison.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm It is not a bug.
It is planned change since poison tower has now higher construction rate.
It is now basically alternative to human watch tower with ability to shoot and spread poison.
It block friendly unit to move through it what is the use for such a tower in defence. The best part of story old built poison tower can enter in.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Are you talking about the poisonous tower of lizards?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Anchar wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:00 am Are you talking about the poisonous tower of lizards?
I think he is. Scaled Folk was the only race with poison towers after all.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Huh. Blocking movement of allied units is a problem, yes. We will fix that.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Badnorth wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:47 am
Anchar wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:00 am Are you talking about the poisonous tower of lizards?
Honestly, I won't be surprised if I miss some new poisonous tower, how have it changed? If they simply removed the capacity without increasing the range, then I think that this is quite controversial in terms of balance, no matter how quickly the towers of the lizards are built, they are still worse than the more distant towers of other races.

By the way, a beautiful avatar of Badnorth.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Anchar wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:59 am By the way, a beautiful avatar of Badnorth.
Thank you :)

Your Avatar also looks great.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Anchar wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:59 am
Honestly, I won't be surprised if I miss some new poisonous tower, how have it changed? If they simply removed the capacity without increasing the range, then I think that this is quite controversial in terms of balance, no matter how quickly the towers of the lizards are built, they are still worse than the more distant towers of other races.

Poison tower now became cheaper than before. It also has highest sight range among all towers of scalefolks. On the other hand it lost its carry capacity and part of hp to become scalefolks' alternative to human watch tower. Ofc with keeping ability to shoot around poison darts.

Only problem now is that they block movement of own units. Will be fixed.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:38 am

Poison tower now became cheaper than before. It also has highest sight range among all towers of scalefolks. On the other hand it lost its carry capacity and part of hp to become scalefolks' alternative to human watch tower. Ofc with keeping ability to shoot around poison darts.

I know I always suggest this as solution to almost any problem but can't the carry capacity be something like a tech?

Elves have them anyway so I don't see why it cant be done in that poison tower?

Tower being able to Garrison units is one of their main feature ingame after all.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The thing is that this tower is ridicilously cheap now for a tower. It has 40 hp and 250% construction rate which means it can be built in 2 actions from kobold workers.
On par with human watch tower.
If used well it can become too op if we will give it even 1 carry cap.

It already has poison weapon effect and is affected by dart techs for attack and range increase thus gaining up to 7 range.
For such cheap tower it is extremly good.

Also did i mention that it has sight 8 now? Only tower of scalefolks with such good sight.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:15 am Also did i mention that it has sight 8 now? Only tower of scalefolks with such good sight.
That's a lie

Most towers in game have 8-9 sight.

Well, I'll just see for now. Their towers is quite powerful from the start anyway but I still don't like the idea.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please dont call it a "lie", it is not nice, call it inaccuracy or he is "wrong".
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The weak human watchtower is used only in difficult situations, basically human only build fire towers with a large range, I would understand this weakening if the lizards had more powerful and long-range towers (as far as I know, if nothing has changed, the lizards do not ) but since this is their limit, comparisons with a weak human tower, which are rarely built not very well.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:32 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:15 am Also did i mention that it has sight 8 now? Only tower of scalefolks with such good sight.
That's a lie

Most towers in game have 8-9 sight.

Well, I'll just see for now. Their towers is quite powerful from the start anyway but I still don't like the idea.
Scalefolks specifically have 3 towers now:
Poison tower, sight range 8;
Birning tower, Sight range 6;
Fort, sight range 5.

Before this change poison tower had sight range 4 and due to this they had bigass problems with getting good sight around their base early and mid game.
I needed to use their 3 turn cost lancers on my own base in order to get actually acceptable (i am not saying good!) sight range around my own base. And ofc it was still not good enough.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Elrond

Post by Elrond »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:38 am

Please fix it the bug
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Answered for first post.
Fixed inpassability.

Archived.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”