Map maker problems — IMPLEMENTED

makazuwr32

Map maker problems — IMPLEMENTED

Post by makazuwr32 »

First major problem:
Autotiling of hill tiles.

@Stratego (dev) did you turn off autotiling for hill tiles for some evil reason (like making life of map makers much harder)???
Because it is so god damn annoying to arrange proper mountain tiles one by one.

Also another problem is that they are considered as "decoration layer" and thus i can't add more decorations on top of them. And ofc it is really annoying to delete those decoration layer mountains.

Please.
FIX THAT.

Second problem:
New road tiles are great exept they also are considered as decoration type layer and thus again i can't add any additional decoration on top of them.
Same problem with swamp, trench and moat tiles.
I want to add for example some trees and flowers into swamp tiles so swamp will look more swampy but i'm not allowed to do that because decoration overrides decoration that is overriding decoration.
Also because decoration layer is above tile layer you can't normally put bridge above them.

Also again it is annoying to remove them as decorations.

Third problem:
Stone wall unit for some mysterious reason changed its texture and is no longer blend itself with tile. Please revert back that. It is REQUIRED.

Fourth problem:
Rock tiles i think are not required and can be removed. Both of them.
There are also 2 tile-free categories: wood and road — which can be removed.
makazuwr32

Re: Map maker problems

Post by makazuwr32 »

Also additional complain:
I do like old and removed now tiles of forest. Can you return them back as "bush" tile set or as "overgrown plains"?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

auttotileing: why u think it was intentional (??) - i synchronized from AOS weeks ago, i wrote this in changelog a few weeks ago, maybe in AOS it is wrong too - i will check.

all others: are intentional to be decorations, i feel no reason to decorate over mountain., on swamp maybe but maybe reasonable, later with a new tile dindependent decorations can solve it - or unique swamp decorations can also be put in (swamp with decor)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:39 pm Also additional complain:
I do like old and removed now tiles of forest. Can you return them back as "bush" tile set or as "overgrown plains"?
no, (to avoid confusion for players) but i can make new bush tiles that do not look like those (to avoid mixing them up).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But i do have reason for decorating mountains.
Add some empty bird nest onto it for example or some trees which are growing on the mountain (and NO, i can't put there unit-type trees because they WILL obstruct movement or in case when i actually need to obstruct movement with obstructions but not units so tile can flown above but can't be moved through by mountain walkers).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:39 pm Also additional complain:
no, (to avoid confusion for players) but i can make new bush tiles that do not look like those (to avoid mixing them up).
That will be fine as long as they will be similar to those, will count as tiles (not as decorations) and will be connectible to green plains and gray mountains.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

they can come as decorations
feel free to make images for them.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Anyway. I insist to make mountains and swamp specifically to be considered as tiles and NOT as decorations.

I also hope that later roads tiles and red carpet tiles at very least will be made as separate layer so we would be able to put onto them actual decorations. I wanted to put onto carpet some rubble for example so it will be clearly shown that castle is crumbling.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

insist? ...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 pm they can come as decorations
feel free to make images for them.
I think you do not understand what do i need here:
Mountains right now are passable by mountain walker units.

I need to put onto them an impassable decorations which are NOT units to prevent mountain walkers to walk through while flyers should still be able to pass them freely. Right now mountains are just replaced with them in a middle of nowhere with for example snow layer underground which looks UGLY.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:33 pm Third problem:
Stone wall unit for some mysterious reason changed its texture and is no longer blend itself with tile. Please revert back that. It is REQUIRED.

Fourth problem:
You still did not answer onto these 2 problems, @Stratego (dev).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i could not find which tile is it - (the ones i found are looking the same since years.) i need an image and an expected look (old image) so i know which.
done.
Autotiling of hill tiles. did you turn off autotiling for hill tiles for some evil reason (like making life of map makers much harder)???
(naturally was not intentional) done, thanks to Endru!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:33 pm First major problem:
Autotiling of hill tiles.

@Stratego (dev) did you turn off autotiling for hill tiles for some evil reason (like making life of map makers much harder)???
Fixed.
Also another problem is that they are considered as "decoration layer" and thus i can't add more decorations on top of them. And ofc it is really annoying to delete those decoration layer mountains.
STILL BIGASS PROBLEM FOR ME AS MAP MAKER. I STILL CAN'T DECORATE MOUNTAINS. Please fix that. Or at least add for players option to choose between decoration-type mountains and Tile-type mountains during map making.
Second problem:
New road tiles are great exept they also are considered as decoration type layer and thus again i can't add any additional decoration on top of them.
Same problem with swamp, trench and moat tiles.
I want to add for example some trees and flowers into swamp tiles so swamp will look more swampy but i'm not allowed to do that because decoration overrides decoration that is overriding decoration.
Also because decoration layer is above tile layer you can't normally put bridge above them.

Also again it is annoying to remove them as decorations.
Still major problem for me specifically.
Third problem:
Still a problem. Explanation is lower.
Fourth problem:
Fixed.
About third point:
This is unit i am talking about.
Now it gained texture of Sandy Cave Wall (single) instead of gray ground tile.

On the left of that gray tile is that stone wall unit; gray tile is its previous texture that is required to get back; on the right of tile is cave wall.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

was not easy but i found it, it was a jsoning problem months ago.
(wrong image was referenced to the neutral wall)

fixed

however that image is flat - we would need a 3Dish image instead that is a fix wall thingie.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

That one is used for mazes because it blends perfect with walkable tile.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that is not good, having same appearance for a walkable and non walkable tile.
if we need a tricky map we should make some special effect to let go tru units, eg. a decoration tha makes it to be walkable or something, or an "invisible passtru "unit-building"".

also this tile still looks bad as looks like a pavement not a wall. (all old 2D tiles will be upgraded to 3D ones eventually - so no maps should use them for other reasons as "walls")

so in general no maps should be designed to use the "faults" of the tiles, or theior appearances, those could be anytime get fixed, or simply "reskinned" likethis i dont like being tied down because of maze maps so i am not able to upgrade the visual appearance of a standard wall.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Mostly implemented.
Only waiting for option to decorate roads, mountains and other tiles, which supposed to be landscape, with decoration/obstacle type objects.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”