"Under construction" but fully built. ANSWERED

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
phoenixffyrnig

"Under construction" but fully built. ANSWERED

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Just come to a turn where I had an elite cannon ship at one of my build stations, it was complete in terms of hp but wouldn't move anywhere, was still declared as "under construction" in the info, yet none of my builders could do anything to it.

I have seen this before but not very often. I think its a problem with scaling hp upon completion of upgrade onto non completed builds @Stratego (dev). I had just finished the elite cannon ship upgrade this turn, but I know that cannon ship wasn't finished last turn because I don't leave things in my build stations when they are finished.

My best guess is that I had it almost full hp, eg 34.8 or 34.9, then the upgrade came along to add 1/7th on to the existing hp (a horrible number in decimal/percentages) and somewhere there the maths went a bit off with rounding up.

Presumably my workers can't do anything because they think it's got full hp, but the ship can't do anything because it still thinks it's being built as it hasnt been actively finished. Could there be a solution by aligning these two perspectives, ie the builders check for "under construction" rather than hp, or would this confuse things with repairing?

Because of the numbers involved, I think this could only happen with cannon ships and the trireme line. If my theory is correct, for the numbers to go out of whack this way it requires a lot of hp, a high build cost and a screwy ratio of hp between one form and the next upgrade, eg 56:66 and 66:76 of the trireme line. Cat - Heavy Cat should be safe because of the rather more pleasant 16:24 ratio, but I will do some number crunching later to satisfy my own curiosity.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: "Under construction" but fully built.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes this can happen becaue of upscale - but please check starting a new build and see if that works.
if that works than there is no bug.
phoenixffyrnig

Re: "Under construction" but fully built. ANSWERED

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

No, new builds are ok, it's just that the old build is forever stuck as unfinished. I just wondered if there was a simple fix having workers able to override the fact that it has full hp if it is still under construction to officially finish it.

Alternatively, if I knew the exact percentage of the hp modifiers for Trireme and Cannon Ship upgrades I could do the maths myself and work out exactly what numbers not to leave them on at last turn before upgrade.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sorry. You need to delete these units or leave them there
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Yeah, like I said, I have seen it happen once or twice before, so this time I am experimenting. I am leaving it in place until I get the Double Cannon Ship research and seeing what happens after that.

There is only a small chance of this happening, for cannon ships I think only possible on 39.7 or higher, and only slightly more possible with Triremes so should be easy enough to avoid leaving them on those numbers on an upgrade turn.

Return to “Game”