0 turn counter works as turn #1

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
RSXAR27

0 turn counter works as turn #1

Post by RSXAR27 »

I was taking a look at this for a while and i find than in every map your first turn displayed as 0/X; X=# of turns for 3 stars, this will count as turn #1, for example in the rebel king "escape" i win in turn 10/10 and the game counts a victory in 11 turns, thing that in fact is true due to 0 as 1 turn this means this means that for get 3 stars in some maps you need to win in X-1 turns to get 3 stars, thing that is a problem for maps that have the exact # of turns to win.

In the other hand there are maps or actually i dont know if its random or no than you win games in 3, 2 or even 1 turns when at least it would take to you 30> more turns but this have his own thread out there so isnt important here
godOfKings

Re: 0 turn counter works as turn #1

Post by godOfKings »

hmm, i m the designer of the rebel king map, so this piqued my interest

may b 0 turn is considered the first turn, but it could also b that u might have made a mistake somewhere, i know that i designed it such a way that u have to use certain 'shortcuts' to have a chance to finish it in time. figuring out those shortcuts is the job of the player through trial and error

anyways one thing i can guarantee is i tried this map many times using the shortcuts i made and i was able to get 3 stars everytime (taking just one turn less than 3 stars requirement i think)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

yes it seems 0 turn is considered turn 1 after completing because wen i finished it in 9 turns, it says i won in 10 turns instead

however, as u can see it is still possible to win in 9 turns and get 3 stars, at the beginning, it says requirement to get 3 stars is to finish it in <10 (less than 10) turns. Since u took exactly 10 turns so u failed to get 3 stars. Therefore, there is no bug in this map.

so @Stratego (dev) i think u should move this topic to campaign map discussions sub forum since the main problem is he could not figure out how to finish it in time to get 3 stars, and instead assumed it was a bug or that i gave an impossible requirement.

and @RSXAR27 if u still cant figure out how to get 3 stars feel free to ask, although i wont give the exact solution, just a hint ;)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
RSXAR27

Post by RSXAR27 »

thanks for the info godOfKings i was thinking in the same way that there is a shortcut that i dont figure out atm, but also this thing of the turn counter makes me feel like maybe it can be an error so, now whit your post i will think about it, thanks again, and great maps-story

in the other hand maybe stratego can make the turn counter start at 1/X instead of 0/X to make campaign maps more accurate, that isnt a problem this thing when you find than you need to complete the map x-1/X turns but if others players doesnt know it maybe they will think in the same way as i was.

PD: i dont know how to do the "mention" thing so sorry :lol: :lol:
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

thanks, bcuz of support from people like u, i m feeling revamped to finish the fifth map soon :)
the only drag is its tiring to write a narration for every turning point of the story, but without a good narration it will b boring so i will give my all

and to mention someone, first write @ then write name of the forumer u want to mention, if u spell name correctly the original person's name will b suggested, u can click it and the name will b mentioned

RSXAR27

Post by RSXAR27 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:18 am thanks, bcuz of support from people like u, i m feeling revamped to finish the fifth map soon :)
the only drag is its tiring to write a narration for every turning point of the story, but without a good narration it will b boring so i will give my all

and to mention someone, first write @ then write name of the forumer u want to mention, if u spell name correctly the original person's name will b suggested, u can click it and the name will b mentioned
Oh ok thanks for the info @godOfKings, also now whit clear mind about the turn counter i finished it in 10 turns at my first try after your answer, that tricky 1 movement at the start has trolled me so hard, BTW today i finished kusti champions in 26 because the chivalry at the left corner was far away when all my units where rushing towards the barracks :lol: but then i get a 16 turns victory due to the counter bug :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: the @ doesnt seems to work for me, i will keep trying.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

After u write for example @rsxar27, u get a name suggestion under it, wen u click it the name will b put in mention tags like this @RSXAR27

And good for u getting 3 stars, i never wanted to make it impossible to get 3 stars in any of my maps, just a little tricky ;) ,

And that pathway in map 2 was so obvious that only noobs who don't think out of the box would follow it straight and they deserve 2 stars for that :lol: , plus it was a way to give this map value for replaying wen obviously nobody will understand wat to do on first try always

RSXAR27

Post by RSXAR27 »

@godOfKings (oh, awesome it randomly decides to work) yeah i know but in one try i even think that i can defeat the pikemans in the upperside after you get the horses :lol: :lol: the healdbaldier wasnt a problem because i put a unit in his spawn so it doesnt appear at all, its weird that triggers can be exploited after you play a map, that isnt intedeed but its posible, for example in bloodriver of kingdom come you can use the aggro priority to make fortress attack darien instead of the transport allowing you to get nearly all the outpoust and clearing the path of unactive enemies without problems :lol: :lol:

But also i would like that @Stratego (dev) implemente the turn counter at 1/X instead of 0/X to stop this type of issues for dumb people (like me *cough cough*) and btw if he can find a solution to the counter random turn victory in 3 stars, today i get another victory in 16 turns when i finish the match in nearly 45 turns :lol: :lol:

Return to “Game”