Never Ending Games

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
Foxious

Never Ending Games

Post by Foxious »

I have faced the following issue twice, both under the very same conditions.

Situation:
Multiplayer game where only 2 players are left (Whether initially there were 2 players, or all other players have lost except the last two)
The winning player plays his turn, and the losing player is left with one unit (Or few)
Now it's the losing player's turn.
but the losing player, Deletes his remaining Units instead of playing and pressing End turn.

The game remains unfinished forever.

Actual occurrences:
1-
I played with Andy sensei (God bless his skills) and he destroyed everything I had, except a mining cart.
When it was my turn, I deleted that cart and the game announced me as the losing player.
But the game keeps appearing in my current game and it's always my turn and as I open it, it says I've lost and this loop goes on forever

2-
I have played with 3 other players in an FFA game. the remaining players were I and JqC.
in the last turn, I captured the remaining TCs and destroyed his castle. there was an archer inside his castle that I couldn't kill. so I ended my turn.
In his turn, apparently, he has deleted that archer.
Now the game is inconclusive instead of ended.
b2198

Re: Never Ending Games

Post by b2198 »

Might be related to the one where if the last unit of a player dies by an effect that triggers at the start of a turn (like fire or poison), that results in the game showing as "your army has been destroyed" for the losing player, but as the losing player's turn for the rest. I think so because I also got a similar result to the above when another player deleted their last unit, but not this "never ending" case.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Foxious

Post by Foxious »

b2198 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:08 am Might be related to the one where if the last unit of a player dies by an effect that triggers at the start of a turn (like fire or poison), that results in the game showing as "your army has been destroyed" for the losing player, but as the losing player's turn for the rest. I think so because I also got a similar result to the above when another player deleted their last unit, but not this "never ending" case.
Yeah, could be same mechanism as poison/fire effect but somehow doesn't trigger the end turn.
I still have my game with Andy Sensei in my "Games Already Joined" and it keeps my notification as "it's your turn"
I don't know if it's the same for the winner party (Andy Sensei in this case)
Should wait a bit more to see if I can skip my opponent's and if yes, then what happens.
I can send it to the Devs if needed to see what's wrong with it.

Edit: The winner party can skip the defeated player and it announces the win.
The issue should only remain for the defeated player.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Foxious wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am Edit: The winner party can skip the defeated player and it announces the win.
The issue should only remain for the defeated player.[/color]
Oh, this is what I got in all of my cases, never got to be on the losing side for this issue, but will try to test it later in some match where I know the other player and can contact them outside the match.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Game”