Player X's turn, but player X already lost.

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
phoenixffyrnig

Player X's turn, but player X already lost.

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Got an odd one here for you Dev.
In a game now, 3 on 3, where the player who's turn it is has actually already lost the game. Yesterday he was timed out (on skip), then the clock reset so it was on his turn again, and now it's timed out again. Launch the game, and it says that that player has already lost.

I think this is related to an issue I emailed you about a few months ago where the player loses on their own turn, but not by resigning - in the old example, my opponent's last unit was an assassin, which he used, and then things went funny. In this example, the opponent's last units were two castles that were destroyed at the start of his turn due to fire damage, and it's gone funny again. Obviously we can skip him to continue, and obviously this is a highly unusual situation which doesn't really need your input to resolve, but anomalies like this are worth bringing to your attention. I recall that I experimented by losing a game by deliberately losing my last unit due to opponent's counter attack, but in that situation it ended as per usual.

While this is definitely not a game breaking problem, (why I haven't tagged you in this post - I'm fully aware you're a busy man), it certainly counts as an oddity.

Could this be due to the order of checks upon start of turn? Because I have also noticed that if an opponent's building is due to be destroyed by their turn due to fire damage, that building will be destroyed, but a pending unit due by that turn will be successfully trained and will appear where the building now no longer exists.

Don't lose any sleep over this, I certainly won't - just bringing it to your attention incase this mechanic comes into play elsewhere.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
b2198

Re: Player X's turn, but player X already lost.

Post by b2198 »

Oh, I've recently noticed this one too, also due to fire damage destroying the last building of the other player. In this case, I was able to contact the other player to launch the game he had already lost, then after his launch and a refresh on my side the turn was passed normally.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
phoenixffyrnig

Re: Player X's turn, but player X already lost.

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Same with my first example - I spoke to the player, he relaunched the game (after the turn clock had been screwy for a while) and was able to press End Turn, which ended the game. But originally, when he lost the game by using his assassin, the game automatically exited him without ending the game, but counting him as lost.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D

Return to “Game”