Can't resign

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
b2198

Can't resign

Post by b2198 »

I am playing a 75x75 multiplayer game against 3 other people, and wanted to resign, but it doesn't let me: I click resign, confirm, the game freezes for about 5-10 minutes (probably because I have 400+ units) and then shows the defeat message, at which point I press ok, then, when refreshing the games list it says "Your Turn*(23h)", I have repeated these steps I think 4 times and still can't manage to resign.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Can't resign

Post by Stratego (dev) »

only on this mega map? on other maps you can resign normally?

i will remove the 75x75 map than lol :)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Probably it is related to the amount of units though, not to map size.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, but numner of units is related to map size, on a 0x20 map you can not have that much unit generally
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

But i can... For elves it is not impossible in aof due to towers with 4 carry cap and ents inside them.

Alas it is probably related to total number of units on the map as well. There are 4 players in total after all.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes if someone especially want to reach pop limit it is possible - but i mean "in general"
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:27 am only on this mega map? on other maps you can resign normally?
Yes, this is the only time I got this problem (but I rarely resign, I like to play until the end most of the time, so it might still be a problem specific to me, and I might have only encountered it once due to "not resigning enough")
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Just tried to delete some units to see if it helped... but I can't delete units either, tried 3 times, in all of them it showed the defeat message after deleting, and after refreshing it was still my turn and the unit I supposedly deleted was back there.

I'm gonna try deleting the match and redownloading it.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Deleting and redownloading the match didn't solve it either, I tried to end my turn too, same thing, defeat message, and it still shows "Your Turn*(23h)".

I noticed in the scoreboard on the bottom left of the map it already shows "(lost)" after my score, but it still shows as being my turn and keeps sending me notifications.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please email me about this os we can check - thanks!

daniel

Return to “Game”