Remove terrain effects spec action

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
Midonik

Remove terrain effects spec action

Post by Midonik »

It seems that if a unit moves from a tile where it wasn't affected into a tile with an effect with a carrier that removes terrain effects on it, they won't be affected, however if they were affected before moving onto said carrier with the same type of terrain, they will keep the effect.

So the carriers with "removes terrain effects" often don't remove terrain effects.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Endru1241

Re: Remove terrain effects spec action

Post by Endru1241 »

@Stratego (dev) I believe the code of leaving aura lack similar check as when entering.
So when there is a check on moving, that confirms unit is not leaving area of aura it should have additional check if carrier doesn't have spec IS_BLOCKING_TERRAIN_AFFECTS
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i am little confused, you write aura case it should check a terain effect flag, i think that is for terrain effects only. or not?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Yes.
Check for that spec should only for terrain effects.

I was thinking about different issue that could be related - map editor placed units with aura on start doesn't change affected units parameters and even make them lower, when leaving it.
But after thinking for some time - I was not sure if it's related, so I decided to not mention it on previous post.
Must have been thinking too much on it to misspell.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Game”