SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA bugs

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
Endru1241

SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA bugs

Post by Endru1241 »

The effect with trnSystemSpecialEffectID set as SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA have at least two problems:
1. It doesn't apply effectAffect on caster - whatever is set in trnActionUnitIDForCaster is completely ignored.
2. When using such effect on units with more than 1x1 size area of effect defined in environmentalDef is counted from left bottom tile,instead of targeted one (unlike in case of attacks and effects with SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_ENVIRONMENTAL, both of which sets area correctly).
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Re: SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA bugs

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Still happen: found it in my MP using berserker and hwachas targeting a fortress (2x2 tile). Only the bottom left damaged a nearby unit, the bottom right and upper right (in my case) had no area effect while it should.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...

Return to “Game”