Skipping when lost IMPLEMENTED

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
Squirrel5555

Skipping when lost IMPLEMENTED

Post by Squirrel5555 »

It seems to me that players who have lost a match may still skip and kick others who are playing.

Recently I had a 6 player FFA, with 3 players resigning after being beaten.
Only I, another player, and @phoenixffyrnig remained. After a while of playing, phoenix was kicked from the match, and only I and 1 more person remained. I accused that person of kicking phoenix, though he swore he didn't, and as it turned out, he himself got skipped on his next turn.

It seems to me one of the 3 players who have lost must be skipping the ones who remain, is this feature intended?
AOD Team - Join Us!
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Skipping when lost

Post by Hyuhjhih »

That's weird, I haven't seen such practices . Are you sure you haven't by mistake pressed skip .
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Ah, so I have been - from a winning position too - I don't remember even getting skipped first time. Squirrel, next time you take your turn could you flick back through the messages and find out what turn I was skipped and how long after I was kicked please? I think you know where I'm going here...a good suggestion likely to be ignored....

Also, I fully trust three people in that game, yourself, Hyu and Havoc, so I know it wasn't you guys, don't worry.

But yes, on to the OP, Squirrel might have a point because I have seen when games have taken longer than 24 hours to have everyone join, enter the game launch menu and you get the message prompting a remind for an over time opponent... Something might be a bit screwy somewhere

Edit * tbf I think I trust Mota too, he does seem like one of us, I just don't know him as well. 5 minus 4 leaves one...
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Wait, i was in that game too?
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

So its, me,phx,havoc, sqr, and the other player and the skipper. If you could reveal the "other player " who also got skipped, the skipper's identity is revealed 🧐🤠
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:26 am Ah, so I have been - from a winning position too - I don't remember even getting skipped first time. Squirrel, next time you take your turn could you flick back through the messages and find out what turn I was skipped and how long after I was kicked please? I think you know where I'm going here...a good suggestion likely to be ignored....
It seems your turn was skipped for the first time on turn 35(it's currently turn 36).
AOD Team - Join Us!
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:31 pm
phoenixffyrnig wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:26 am Ah, so I have been - from a winning position too - I don't remember even getting skipped first time. Squirrel, next time you take your turn could you flick back through the messages and find out what turn I was skipped and how long after I was kicked please? I think you know where I'm going here...a good suggestion likely to be ignored....
It seems your turn was skipped for the first time on turn 35(it's currently turn 36).
His first skip was on 35, and on 36th he was already been kicked? Or was it on the 36th he is kicked?
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

What, just recently in last few turns? Odd, I don't recall seeing it be my turn.

Anyway, who it is does not matter here - let's not get away from the issue at hand which seems to be that a player who is already out of the game can still skip live players.

This can't be right surely?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:26 am Edit * tbf I think I trust Mota too, he does seem like
oh i didn't notice the other player was mota.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

@Stratego (dev) - this issue is leading to an unpleasant and unnecessary misunderstanding on chat right now. I am busy with work, I will send you the game ID later, we might need your help to defuse this. I don't care who it was, I am 99.9% sure I know who anyway, but I would like you to clear the good names of motapoti and Squirrel5555 to get rid of any unpleasantness between two good guys.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, i was addressed, but not sure what is the question to me?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

From my understanding they were asking if Defeated Players can Skip? If not then it is a bug.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Yes @Stratego (dev) sorry, I was in a rush and not too clear.

Players who have already (long ago) lost a game can still kick and skip other players who are still in the game.

Someone has discovered this fact and is using it maliciously to cause trouble.

It has caused trouble - Squirrel thought the other remaining player was the skipper, but then the other play got skipped too, so thinks it was Squirrel doing the skipping and blaming him.

This started to become a bit unpleasant on chat because the other guy is not on the forum, he is not aware Squirrel has posted about this problem and is trying to sort it out by this post, and is having a go at Squirrel.

We are trying to sort it out in an amical manner, but we are not sure if we have lost Motapoti from the game due to this misunderstanding

Please make it so that players who have already lost the game cannot interfere with the skipping and kicking process because it is causing problems, and now that it is known about will continue to do so.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i dont undertand, simply take your turn in time and he can not - or do i misunderstand something?
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:36 pm i dont undertand, simply take your turn in time and he can not - or do i misunderstand something?
A player who has already lost still had the ability to skip people in the match.

The game started as a 6 player FFA. At this point only three of us remained still playing, the rest had resigned/been eliminated. Phoenix was kicked from the match by an unknown player (neither me or the 3rd player still in the match kicked him).
Then there were 2 players left. The other player got skipped, however I did not skip him even though I was the only other person left in the game.

This means someone who had already lost (can no longer control any units) still had the ability to kick players who were in the game.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you misunderstand: "Phoenix" took his turn in time or not?
(so it is bug someone was able to "kick" him BEFORE timeout)

dont forget originally - and i might make it eventually - i planned to make skips and kick automatically by server, so i dont consider it a bug if it was not "before" timout of 24h (if that is the setting)
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

This isn't the problem.

Someone who has already lost the game can kick and skip others who are still playing.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok :)
i see we talk 2 different things.
- as i said the server could also do the same automatically - however the server was not even played in that game at all :)
- also i still dont know if the turn was taken in time or was really "legally" skippable.
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

It was legally skippable. However there were only two of us left and I did not skip, therefore a player no longer in the game must've skipped.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good, so there is no such bug that earlier can be skipped.
so only the fact that a lost player can skip is the not liked thing.
thanks!
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Sorry for the miscommunication, this drama is making me :?
AOD Team - Join Us!
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:11 pm
dont forget originally - and i might make it eventually - i planned to make skips and kick automatically by server, so i dont consider it a bug if it was not "before" timout of 24h (if that is the setting)
Woah Dev, please no - that is not a good move!

There is a genuinely vibrant global community of AoS regulars - we are connected in many ways, in game, Messenger, WhatsApp, emails, the forum. And we are made up of many different players, new guys, elites, veterans, legends, but that is not important to us, we are united by our love of this game.

One way this shared passion shows itself is by a collective desire to wait for a late player, for reasons of chivalry and to protect the integrity of the mental contest. Big games take many months, we aren't fussed about a few hours! We would rather wait a bit longer for our mates, because that is what your regulars are - we're a bunch of mates who are always looking to introduce new friends into the group.

Please do not take away our choice of patience with an automatic skip feature - real life does not always break down into easily manageable 24 hr fragments. Make it an opt out feature in game create if you like, but please leave us our freedom to wait for our comrades if we choose to.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Skipping when lost IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also in theory (i was not able to test - please test if u can) i made so only alive players can skip or kick.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Thanks Dev. Will try to find out. Fortunately I have a real life neighbour who is much better at losing than I am - I will talk to him :lol:
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i think ifound the bug i forgot to make a negate so no all lost players are able to skip and all living player is not :)

fixed again...

i need to publish AOW soon to fix
TheSenate-_-

Post by TheSenate-_- »

@Stratego (dev) If you still plan on making the 24 hour skip by server, would you mind adding a 48 hour timer for multiplayer matches?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I wonder what will happen in those permanently crashing matches i have in aof when that auto skipping will be in...

Alas i am against this but for the sake of experience.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i will not make auto skipping and i see it is not a requested feature.

Return to “Game”